OCR01720 - Ragnarök Online "Hamadatan"

I used to be a Ragnarok Online fanatic. I am very familiar with this mix. It felt a little like I was listening to the original. About half way through it finally starts to show some variation from the original, but only for a little bit.

Probably my favorite source from the remix album and the original soundtrack. The original is there with the standard good style of Morse to really bring out a new and vibrant sound. I just wish it was higher bit-rate and included my favorite section of the original (it has all the other parts).

I loved the mix. It brings back memories of when I couldn't stop playing that game.

I've got one question though. Is the name of the track misspelled? Here on OCR it's called "Hamadatan." Over on the Ragnarok Online: Hybridism site (http://roh.jmflava.com/) and in the game's music directory it's called "Hamatan." Looks like someone threw in an extra syllable when it made it to OCR?

I loved the mix. It brings back memories of when I couldn't stop playing that game.

I've got one question though. Is the name of the track misspelled? Here on OCR it's called "Hamadatan." Over on the Ragnarok Online: Hybridism site (http://roh.jmflava.com/) and in the game's music directory it's called "Hamatan." Looks like someone threw in an extra syllable when it made it to OCR?

In order to better distinguish ReMixes as standalone works, mixes aren't allowed to have the same name as the source tune. In this case, Josh threw in the extra syllable for OCR to slightly change the title up, yet keep it similar.

I would have to say this is a really spicey remix. Energitic, sweet, and relaxing. That's how it should allways should be created@.@ Really impressive stuff. At first, the begining sounds really middle eastern like and goes of a nice beat and remic after 20Secs or so.

Other than that, awesome stuff guys!:nicework:

• 2 weeks later...

Despite being a rather recent release, Hybridism is the remix album I've listened to most often, so that should make it obvious what I think about Joshua Morse's music.

The remix at hand, while having the typical JM groove, sticks out because of the middle eastern influence, and that makes it special. It actually reminds me of GeckoYamori & Rayza's "Planet Oil" remix from Sonic 2.

Anyway, download this remix, and then download the whole album. You won't regret it.

• 2 months later...

I'm pretty familiar with the soundtrack, and I wouldn't have expected this track to get the remix treatment, and especially not this well. Actually it seemed like the whole project was more obscure themes from the game.

Great beats, solid bass grove, and tons of layered percussion give this a fantastic foundation to work with, and the subtle details added with inaudible voices and synth flourishes make this whole thing excellent.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Amazing melding of the very distinguishable Morse sound with an unexpected eastern flavour. It's definitely more of a stylistic departure from the more centric retro-groove that I'm used to hearing. That said, I think this outreach into experimentation has resulted in one of my favourite mixes from Joshua. It's as combustible as any of his other pieces, but it burns just that much more intensely because of the new air around it.

All the staple ingredients of a classic Morse track are here; if you've heard anything else by him, you'll recognise his style right away. But that doesn't mean it wont be a pleasantly surprising earful of slick, sharp disco groove. As per usual, I love the crap out of this.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01720 - Ragnarök Online "Hamadatan"