OCR01730 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV "Subterranean Kamikaze"

djpretzel

Maybe I was wrong. 2008 isn't the year of rockin' remixes. It's turning out to be the [use echoing announcer-type voice here]THE YEAR OF SIXTO SOUNDS![/voice] And this is just another step toward the epic greatness he is rapidly achieving. And zircon's last collab with him (Nuclear Flash) is just as epic as this one! Cheers to both of them on creating yet another masterpiece. Also, I would've mention The Passing of the Blue Crown, but Steppo was involved there and I was mentioning just the two of them. Although that one is epic as well. CONTINUE THIS AWESOMENESS! FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

I've been a fan of this track ever since you had this on the WIP forums, Sixto. Love the 80s guitar vibe you got going on there. Love the improvements and additions since I last heard this one. I see you got Zircon on board, he really nailed the whole 80s style with those keyboards in addition to the awesome revamped intro. In a way, the final version seems more faithful to the original track compared to the WIP version in terms of melody. In the end, this was one tough track to remix, since the original is as catchy as the TMNT cartoon theme. You guys managed to make it even catchier.

Give me more! :)

Rock on! I had this game back in the good 'ol SNES era. I haven't played it since so I don't remember much. Still when I listen to this the game just jumps at me with all its action-packed glory and killer soundtrack. My favorite thing to do was throwing the enemies at the camera. That was so cool.

It can't get any more Turtles than this song. The sounds are awesome and the drive is fan-freaking-tastic! Yeah.. I'm in a shellshock. Cowabunga dudes, and all that jazz... Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

What a remix! I've been waiting to hear this one for a good long time. And who better to do it then Sixto (always been a fan of his work). And zircon is one of my favorite when it comes to the electronic genre. Great work guys!! (commences head banging and air guitar thrashing once again)

The Turtles in Time soundtrack in my opinion, is one of the greatest game soundtracks there has ever been.

If you're looking for emotional poignancy, forget it. It's not even attempted though.

What is done well however, is fun and intricate music.

Intricacy and fun sounding music is probably not the easiest thing to achieve either.

This remix does the original great justice and I would love to hear more remixes of what is an awesome soundtrack.

Geez, guys, Turtles in Time had more than one level...

Anyway, everything here is awesome to the max. The organ, the guitars, the arrangement, the solos, the cheese. If there's anything I'd have to criticise, I'd say the panning on the organ in the intro is a little disturbing (if you're using headphones, that is).

I don't care if all we get are remixes of Sewer Surfin', just keep on making TIT remixes (yes, I wrote that on purpose).

Anyway, everything here is awesome to the max. The organ, the guitars, the arrangement, the solos, the cheese. If there's anything I'd have to criticise, I'd say the panning on the organ in the intro is a little disturbing (if you're using headphones, that is).

I don't care if all we get are remixes of Sewer Surfin', just keep on making TIT remixes (yes, I wrote that on purpose).

I'd love to hear someone do 'Neon Night Riders'.

I literally laughed out loud reading this, as I had been thinking the exact same thing, although not expressed so eloquently. ^.^

And for that reason, I was kinda dismissive of the song at first. "What, ANOTHER Sewer Surfin' mix?" But I shouldn't have been. This really is a slickly awesome track with unparalleled energy. This will literally rock your socks (and other miscellaneous articles of clothing) right off.

I literally laughed out loud reading this, as I had been thinking the exact same thing, although not expressed so eloquently. ^.^

And for that reason, I was kinda dismissive of the song at first. "What, ANOTHER Sewer Surfin' mix?" But I shouldn't have been. This really is a slickly awesome track with unparalleled energy. This will literally rock your socks (and other miscellaneous articles of clothing) right off.

I wouldn't mind a hundred more Sewer Surfin' remixes. Bring 'em!

Thanks for all the comments folks. Also, for your listening pleasure, an amusing render that happened when I played the audio file back at a higher pitch...

http://www.soundtempest.net/Kawaii_Turtle_Supaa_Water~Surfu_Doujin_Arrange.mp3

LOL. That could fit well in the game, actually. Slow that down a notch and you'll get the tempo of the original track. :P

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01730 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV "Subterranean Kamikaze"