MAGFest 7: Jan. 1st - 4th, 2009

Bahamut

Amtrak comes into Alexandria, so that's probably going to be my mode of choice if the prices stay around the same as they are now or better.

Anybody know if they're going to have a place for people to sell art or anything? (other than the Dealers)

I would LOVE to attend M7. Problem is not money or anything, I just have no idea where to go since the US is big and scary, so I'd GREATLY appreciate it if someone could like, pick me up from the airport or something.
Hey OA, if I turn up do I get ride/room? I have moneys and stuff for both as long as flights aren't too bad.

I'm pretty sure finding someone to give a ride would be the least of your problems guys, and shouldn't be an issue at all. I'm not sure how expensive flights are to NY a few days before New Years, but if you guys were to do so, perhaps a couple of us from the NYC area could show you guys a good time around NYC, and you'd have an easy time getting to DC with some of us - perhaps I could interest you guys in spending New Years Eve in DC? :smile:

Goddamn how do you have ten thousand posts anyway? Well in any case put me down for a definite yes, though things are prone to change for now I am dead set on being there this year, even if I have to walk and rob a bank along the way <.<

No offense to them, but would you wanna ride down with some random guys you only know through a message board, and even then not that well? Even if it did mean cutting a bit of cost?

First meetup: I drove 3 hours from my house to Philly to meet Kroze (Who I'd just met on IRC the night before), and bustatunez (Who I'd never known of), then we drove to meet Andy and Jill in the hospital, then we all drove down 4+ hours to DC (in shit traffic) to meet with everyone for the VGL concert. So yeah, it's not unheard of.

and about the jam thing...i'll bring a bass but no way can i bring a rig. do they provide?

Yes, we'll have a rig. Not saying it will be the greatest, but I think we're going to end up with about the same equipment that we had last year.

[...]I'd GREATLY appreciate it if someone could like, pick me up from the airport or something.

As was posted earlier, there is a shuttle service, otherwise, I'm sure there will be someone willing to drive up and pick you up.

Anybody know if they're going to have a place for people to sell art or anything? (other than the Dealers)

No. Sales require dealer tables.