Tales of Vesperia

atmuh

ok very rare do i ever ever ever make a thread about a game i bought because i usually get bored pretty quick and quit

that being said ive played this game for about two hours so far and I AM NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BORED YET which is also pretty ridiculous being that i had no intention of buying it until yesterday when i had to take my sister to the store and it was there so i said what the heck and bought it

Call me a fag but I like the pretty animu games and this is a very pretty pretty animu game. The OST has been pretty awesome thusfar which brings me to another rarity! It's extremely rare that I DON'T utilize the 360's custom soundtrack whenever you want feature and for once I am not!

For all I know I could get bored in another hour or so but being that I got this far I doubt it.

so DID ANYONE ELSE GET THIS

You know, it's funny you mention Legendia. I literally bought my PS2 for that game (roughly two months before Abyss was announced). I actually enjoyed it a lot, though it wasn't even close to Symphonia, Abyss, Phantasia, or my personal favorite, Eternia. Then, I finished the game and the guide said about doing character quests. I was like, sure, I can spend another 10 hours with this game. Then I realized the voice acting was absent from that part of the game. I played for about a half hour more, gave up, and haven't touched it since.

Vesperia looks great, but I don't have a 360, so I won't be getting it. I'll probably get Symphonia 2 in November, though. Vesperia has a great soundtrack, by the way. I love Motoi Sakuraba's soundtracks.

As in no other games for the 360 for a while besides this?

Hmm.

I suppose, but I'd hope you have some other game you'd like to get for it later, too, since you can only beat a Tales game so many times before you need to move on to something else.

I beat Symphonia, like, 6 times in a row, and I haven't played it since. I mean, I still love it and all -- lots of replay value in the battle system, good characters -- but you can only play something so much.

ok very rare do i ever ever ever make a thread about a game i bought because i usually get bored pretty quick and quit

That's because you're playing these turn-based RPG's that require a bunch of exp grinding through random battles.

When I want to scroll through a bunch of menus I play Windows XP. I hear the sequel sucks, though.

This game is an interactive cartoon and I love it so far.

Also, I was totally thrown off as soon as that intro movie music started. Is Vesperia ready to rock my face off? Then the singing staretd and kinda killed the mood but those drum crashes right at the start were badass and blood pumping.

Did they keep the J-pop song or is it in English?

Is this game worth getting a 360 for?

That depends. Are you Japanese? :-P

But seriously, I don't think it would make you grab a 360 unless you either:

A) Like the Tales series.

B) Like action-oriented JRPGs.

C) Like good games.

In my opinion, it kind of sweetens the deal to buy a 360, what with all the other games out and coming out, and with a 60 gig pro going down to $300, I don't see why not.

Join us, Darke.

Join us, Darke.