Left 4 Dead

Chiwalker

This game got my brother, who normally cant STAND multiplayer games, to say he loved it. It's definitely GOTY material, imo, and I cant wait until next week to play all the levels.

Also, protip for Boomers: If you get barfed on, just get your back to a wall and spam the hell out of melee. Actually, melee spam seems to help a lot in general, I've found, so long as your 'mates dont shoot the hell out of you too.

Or throw a pipebomb. :mrgreen:

I'd love to play with you guys some, as I'm in the OCR steam group! My current name in there is Oops! All Berries!

Hahahaha I've played with you before. TF2? Maybe even longer ago than that? But I remember that handle. I even remember 2 exclamation marks (not to be confused with !!, aka "exclamation man")

Looking forward to maybe playing with you again!

Unfortunately, I'm going to be AFK for a week, so the demo will be over by the time I return. I don't think I can get this game before Christmas, so I have to wait.

So I joined OCR and there's no one playing anything... what's the deal, guys? Come on!

Also, bought that complete package. Every game they have on Steam. EVERY GAME. All the HLs and spin-offs, and even some stuff I never heard of before.

Pop on IRC and make us play -- most of us will jump into a game if we're aware that others want to play (especially L4D -- so good!)

You won't regret buying that big package deal btw -- TF2 and L4D alone almost make it worth it, and you also got the last decade or so of great PC fps games.

I will have to try that. I added myself to the OCR group, but I never see anyone in a game. Does joining to a group count as being a friend, or do I have to manually add each person I want to play with?

-Boomer: if you get puked on, find a corner and have your teammates fan out in front of you. The resulting horde of zombies won't even attack them, so they can block you with lots of melee in between shots!

Fuck yeah! That's what I do every time I get gooed on, with a slight difference. I head back down a narrow hallway, like the subway cars on level two. That way, if anything comes up from behind, I can cover it, while everyone else normally packs in tight at the doorway, or they stick to one side of the car and mow down anything that comes in. Works great.

Well, I've only played it for about 15 minutes, but L4D seems AWESOME so far. My only complaint? It's too damn intensive. My computer more than meets the recommended specs, video card aside, but even with rather minimal settings I get a laggy mouse control. It was almost unplayable when I was with Atmuh (single player it wasn't as bad.) Really a huge letdown in that regard, especially since Tf2 runs like a charm.

Well, I've only played it for about 15 minutes, but L4D seems AWESOME so far. My only complaint? It's too damn intensive. My computer more than meets the recommended specs, video card aside, but even with rather minimal settings I get a laggy mouse control. It was almost unplayable when I was with Atmuh (single player it wasn't as bad.) Really a huge letdown in that regard, especially since Tf2 runs like a charm.

Its not intensive at all. I have a 2.1ghz AMD dual core and a HD3850 and i get a solid 60fps everywhere at 1440x900.

Your video card is not up to spec anymore. It hasn't been for a while now. Games are getting to be more and more graphics card intensive, and a 7600GS (not even the GT mind you) is not capable of keeping up, especially at whatever resolution you are trying to use it at.

In most comparisons, a stock 7600GS preforms about the same as a 6600GT, which is the minimum for the game.

Geforce en7600gs. Yes, I know it's not amazing, but it does play TF2 very well and I'm not on the minimum settings with that either. Q9450 processor too (4x2.66ghz)

Turning off vertical sync did it for me and everyone I know who's had that issue. Also, another big hit to performance I've found is shader detail. If you can run tf2, then you can definitely run this game. If you're on minimum settings already, I donno what to say. My laptop has a much harder time with TF2 than with L4D though.

This game is fun. I've spent so much time on this demo it's not even funny.

I'd actually be happy for JUST it alone to crash...

...when it crashes, my entire computer shuts down. Seriously. I'm completely unsure of why. No messages, no warning, just BAM black screen.

Also, for those of us who preordered, we can now start preloading (that is, downloading the game through Steam so that we can play as soon as Valve unlocks it).