ScrewAttack accepts Soulja Boy's challenge on Xbox Live.

Chris8282

How about 50 Cent in his new game coming out? He's already put out a similiar challenge on the internet. Apparently, he's got a "I'm a better gamer" complex like Soulja Boy.

I'd play it if they made it like Pa-rappa the rappa :) (Seriously, my space channel 5 skills are top notch dawg)

Really? Because I have a lot more respect for a bunch of guys that make and release slightly entertaining videos, and have the humor to both mock and call out someone at the same time, than I do for some stupid little arrogant man-child that brags about his "skills" and diminishes his prospective opponents before he even gets to meet them.

Or maybe I need to update my Windows Sarcasm Detector. I only have version 1.3.1A, so I can't tell if you were being serious.

Really? Because I have a lot more respect for a bunch of guys that make and release slightly entertaining videos, and have the humor to both mock and call out someone at the same time, than I do for some stupid little arrogant man-child that brags about his "skills" and diminishes his prospective opponents before he even gets to meet them.

You must have not understood dodge ball as a kid or something.

Anyway, if you can't see the fact that soulja boy is pretty much mocking everybody (and getting under hardcore "internet gamer" nerd skin) quite effectively, then maybe you need more than just a sarcasm detector.

If you look up troll in the dictionary, you'll see Soulja Boy. He pretty much makes kotaku readers crawl in their skin and, clearly, he's working his magic on quite a few people here.

On a related point, Soulja Boy is more entertaining and comical than mostly everybody on Screwattack including AVGN.

On a related point, Soulja Boy is more entertaining and comical than mostly everybody on Screwattack including AVGN.

Now that I do agree with. James knows that his videos are intended to be funny, so people are laughing with him. Soulja Boy is freaking hilarious because everyone is laughing at him.

I think if I had a functional Death Note, I'd write his name in it as punishment for (as someone already pointed out) his butchering of the English language and professionalism in general.

Anyway, if you can't see the fact that soulja boy is pretty much mocking everybody (and getting under hardcore "internet gamer" nerd skin) quite effectively, then maybe you need more than just a sarcasm detector.

Only lame white kids on Gamefaqs can be trolls.

HARD FACT.

For all the complaints about SB butchering the English language, ScrewAttack spelled "rapper" as "wrapper" on their front page. At the top.

A delightful little bit humor, showing both how white and uncool they are, while also addressing the oddities of modern slang.

Welcome to the corner of the internet comprised of those who are above trash talking. After reading this thread, I have carefully formulated a scenario I believe could play out in real life:

Smug and Tyrone are both in an arcade together. Tyrone is playing Street Fighter 4, the game which Smug came to admire for its beauty. Smug also wants to play this game so he eventually sits down and inserts his quarters.

Tyrone plays a fierce but close game against Smug, finishing Smug off with a super attack in front of many. He stands up and vocally proclaims "SHIT SON, YOU AIN'T GET SHIT DONE". Tyrone then extends his hand for a high five, a gesture to admit that they engaged in a competitive and good game.

Smug is clearly phased as sweat pours from his brow. He has trouble coming to terms with the words that Tyrone shouted after the match. He throws on his jacket and begins to walk towards the door. Before he exits, he turns and yells "GOOD DAY SIR"!

That's most of the people in this thread.

(The arcade laughed at you when the door shut)

For all the complaints about SB butchering the English language, ScrewAttack spelled "rapper" as "wrapper" on their front page. At the top.

I see you didn't get the joke :)

Also, the people who think he knows what he's doing (Trolling on purpose) then you don't know Soulja Boy and his past internet crusades. He's doing it to get his name back on the internet. He wants to get a reaction because that's what's gotten him where he is. You think he's hurt by all of the "haters" on the internet who talk about his songs? No. Quite the contrary. Many of the 42 million views his official video has gotten is because of this. His entire career is based on this. He does it for career. That's not trolling. Also, being that I'm from Miami Gardens and am probably the most "wrapped" up in the Hip Hop culture of all the people in this topic.. I can tell you... He's not trolling. Yes, he's doing this for a reason. No, it's not the reason he named. Hell no, it's not the reasons you guys think. He doesn't know enough about trolling to be trolling.

Then again, with kids these days the word "Troll" is thrown around so much it even means someone whose opinion you disagree with or someone who makes better topics than you. Maybe I'm being too much of a literalist here ...

You can most certainly troll somebody and try to advance your career.

He runs his mouth towards the lot of internet "hardcore gamers" and, in turn, causes a huge mass of nerds to flip out, trash talk him, and seek to "get back at him" by playing some video games with him. Look at the response just in this very thread.

He gets under the skin of the vocal internet population by egging them on and then has to do minimal work as people, like those in this thread, help create further buzz about him.

If you don't think he's trying to piss people off on purpose, you might be watching the wrong videos.

There's a simple solution to all of this.

Don't pay attention to this Soulja Boy. Don't give him coverage. Don't give him the satisfaction of knowing that you care(or don't apparently). Don't give him any hits on his web blogs or whatever the hell he's doing on the internet. Don't buy his albums. When someone says Soulja Boy you reply with "Excuse me, I believe you meant to say 'soldier boy'".

If I was ghetto, I'd probably use that as my Live gamertag though.

You can most certainly troll somebody and try to advance your career.

He runs his mouth towards the lot of internet "hardcore gamers" and, in turn, causes a huge mass of nerds to flip out, trash talk him, and seek to "get back at him" by playing some video games with him. Look at the response just in this very thread.

He gets under the skin of the vocal internet population by egging them on and then has to do minimal work as people, like those in this thread, help create further buzz about him.

If you don't think he's trying to piss people off on purpose, you might be watching the wrong videos.

I think you're giving this guy waaaaaaaaaay too much credit. I'm chalking this video up to the huge ego that comes with being a rap recording artist. This idiot will probably do anything if it makes his head bigger. No one can humiliate him really, because at the end of the day, he's still the guy who makes millions by applying his name in puff paint on plastic stunna-shades and destroying the English language in front of recording equipment.