OCR01813 - Tales of Symphonia "Strike of the Devil's Axes"

djpretzel

First post! (lol theshizz reference)

Obviously, I'm a big fan of what CHM puts together, and his second Brazilian collab shows. Both he and LuiZa have contributed their strengths to a very stunning collab movement for the Symphonia part of the album, and have managed to show justice to the original track with their fun melodies, performances and fun behind it all. I deem this the highlight of Disc 3 for sure.

Here's to hoping we'd see more from the pair of them :)

Stuck on repeat! Argh the words to describe my appreciation of the sheer brilliance of this mix, I really enjoyed the guitar work. Great job guys, you've created another great reason to download this remix project, downloading now :).

I hope to see more from you pair, you work so swiftly smooth together :D.

Jeebus

FINALLY

I decided to revive my long forgotten OCR account just to say that haha. I didn't find a project thread, so it had to be here.

well, first off, thank you all for the kind words. much appreaciated =)

I noticed my comments on the song page here were outdated haha. Chris and I redid the song a year after it was first finished, which I'm guessing is when I submitted it. The main difference is just the little bridge section. The wah guitar was replaced for a clean guitar and I changed my solo there.

god it has been awhile haha. This is one fine project. congrats to all!

PS: do check out Myth´s Zelos mix, it´s an awesome track and it has my wah guitar there... I guess that´s where it went haha.

I have waited for something like this since I first played ToS in 2004. Fatalize is my absolute favorite battle track in the Tales series (my favorite RPG series), and this ReMix does it justice. More than I could have hoped for; excellent work!

I was lucky enough to listen to this track beforehand thanks to LuIzA. Oddly enough, the old version of this remix kicked ass...but the new version is much, much, much better. Indeed, both LuIzA and CHM did a great job in improving on what's already good. Even though I haven't listened to the full album yet, I can confidently say that this remix is one of the highlights, if not my favorite track already. The performances blend so well with each other it's hard to differentiate who did what...until that end bit when LuIzA goes all ska on us.

I'm enjoying this. It's got the right amount of weight and drive. Love the drop-out part around 2:30, makes for a nice change it what otherwise gets a little repetitive in tone and soundscape. After that, it keeps changing from one thing to another, keeping it from getting boring. the firsttwo and a half minutes took their good time to get through, but the other half of the track went by all too soon. Awesome stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

This track was one of the reasons I finally decided to strap down and make an account here on OCR (along with the whole OCR album "Summoning of Spirits"). This track is definitely one of the highlights in music for Tales of Symphonia, so I was glad to see it got the OCR treatment, and it didn't disappoint. Although the direction the track goes from 3:10-3:31 raised an eyebrow for me, the rest of it is pure gold. Great job LuIzA and CarboHydroM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fantastic guitar, and I'd say that there are few tracks that needed it more than this one. I've always thought that Fatalize was the best battle theme of ToS and I was disappointed that it wasn't played more in the game itself; suddenly, this remix appears and it's fresh and new again, and I want to play it on a loop all day! :)

• 6 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01813 - Tales of Symphonia "Strike of the Devil's Axes"