The Old Fogies From UnMod Thread

Bagel Fuzzynuts

What's an olive garden?

You know, it was featured in that movie... "Midnight in the Olive Garden of Good and Evil"?

It's a place where the food is decent, and the fake Italian atmosphere makes you feel at home.

It's a wonderful place :smile:

:?

Oh who am I kidding. It's a pit. A shit hole that overcharges for food that likely came in the same Lipton bags you can buy at any grocery store... yet costs three times as much. The utensils still have food from someone elses' meal encrusted on them, the "family" and "Italian" atmosphere are so fake and painted on that I'm surprised the faces of the employees don't chip off when they talk, the food is half cold by the time it arrives, and the gas and shits you get three hours later just cap off the festivities by letting you know the food likely wasn't cooked properly (or it had freezer burn... back in 2004).

BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID!

lolive garden is more like it amirite?

Seriously though, I had some family in town and we went to Olive Garden. The waitor was actually trying to use an obviously fake italian accent. My aunt subsequently cursed him up and down in italian. I still like to drop in every once in a while to remind him of his stupidity over plate of overpriced pasta.

olive garden is ok in some areas, but absolutely awful in some. i unfortunately live in a place with bad ones.

it doesn't really matter though. there are plenty of good italian restaurants around in just about any area. americanized italian food is probably more like real italian food than any other americanized foreign food.

What's sad is that millions of US citizens think they know what Italian food is from their visits to one of those hack eateries. Best spaghetti I ever had was at a no-restaurant tied to a camping place in Italy. The sauce, the cheese... no US chain comes close to touching it. Lord help me if I had eaten at a high-class restaurant while over there; I might have passed out in delectable joy at first bite.

Though we do dominate pizza. I give us that.

What's sad is that millions of US citizens think they know what Italian food is from their visits to one of those hack eateries. Best spaghetti I ever had was at a no-restaurant tied to a camping place in Italy. The sauce, the cheese... no US chain comes close to touching it. Lord help me if I had eaten at a high-class restaurant while over there; I might have passed out in delectable joy at first bite.[

I got to eat at a medium-class (relatively (the entire meal cost about 240 euro)) restaurant when I was there, guided by a priest who knew what he was doing.

dassum gud shit raight thur

Though we do dominate pizza. I give us that.

eh, I rather liked the pizzas they had over there

like eggplant pizza mmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

I would give my left ovary to be back in Hungary or the Czech Republic right now, chowing down on some awesome food thurr. My next-door neighbor sounds as if she's hacking up a lung and I really don't want to be working on this paper now.

well, the left one is the one that had the Giygascyst... maybe that would be a bad idea to give that one as an offering.

Wasn't Giygacyst an enemy in Chrono Trigger?

Giygascyst grew on my left ovary and blew up four days after I turned 18. What a fun birthday that was! I did get to spend a week lying on the couch in a drug-induced haze watching Miami Vice and Spongebob.

I could kill for some good eggplant now. The last time I had it, it was bitter (though it could have been the mint) and disappointing. I wanted some good eggplant curry, dammit.