OCR01086 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, WW & ALttP "Secret Seashells"

djpretzel

Not to put down any other Zelda mix on the site, but this is definitely my favourite of the pick. Or maybe Ancient Hero...no, this...wait, Ancient Hero...bah, one of the two :oops:

And, do correct me if I'm wrong but...isn't the Outset theme a vague mix of the Mabe Village theme anyway? Give them a close listen.

Hell, at least it isn't as vague as Hyrule Field being a rendition of the traditional Overworld theme. It took me ages before I relised that one.

*wanders on in after wasting away on Ragnarok Online for the past 10 thousand months*

Wow, it finally got to the judges. O_O

And made it too XD~

I'm glad you guys like it. Y'know I made it in Fruity Loops. Kekekekeke

More later, I didn't sleep last night so I'm kinda out of it. *_*

*looks at sig* Whoa... where'd I get a squiggly font liek that..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I love Zelda music, it has taken up more than its fair share in my OCRemix collection. I am proud to say this is joining the other pieces in my collection. This is a happy little number that captures the joy of playing a Zelda game. Not extremely fast, but not slow by any means.

One person said this cheers them up when he/she listens to it... I would have to agree! Well done!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I started wondering WHY this remixer decided to speed up the melody, give it to a violin, and add a baroque backrgound...

Then I heard why... the Windwaker cameo was not a bad idea, but a bit too... well... predictable. Got a little old after a while. I wanted to hear more original interpretations... but oh well....

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This mix has been with me quite a while. Back when I was just nuts for Zelda, I listened to this a lot (as well as a couple other mixes), so there's almost a tattoo of it in my neurological pathways. Brings me back to my time in school, and to a time when I really wasn't into music much at all. In a way, you could say this was one of the bridging tools I used to learn a greater appreciation for music.

So even though my opinion of this is that I now think it sounds quite robotic and not as full as it should be, I'm really not going to hold that against it. I enjoy this as an excellent assortment of melodies presented by an obviously faux chamber orchestra, and I don't know whether it would have ingrained itself on me half as well if the instruments weren't as harsh or direct as they are. That's a good thing, in my book.

I don't want to say that this mix only appeals to me because I was once naive enough not to hear its flaws. On the contrary, I think this has the perfect middleground of not sounding too fake or too real, so that it creates a hybrid that is strangely superior to anything I imagine in its place. That alone doesn't make the mix, of course. It's the arrangement that justifies the instrumentation. Stellar conversion of the old Gameboy tune and weaving other tunes in makes it a real trip through the Zelda generations.

There's plenty to appreciate here and plenty to complain about if you hate synthetic instruments badly pretending to sound like real ones. Regardless, I'm still a fan after all the years and all the listens.

• 1 month later...

OMG NOSTALGIA ATTACK.

Seriously, if you have links awakening, you will LOVE THIS.

Lots of personalization, love the style as well, well mixed, and the baroque section is fucking awesome :D

My only complaint is that it outstays its welcome a little, goes on a little bit too long, but i'm sure that some won't have this problem.

Highly recommended, essential if you have the game. Awesome work

• 4 months later...

the strings were pretty weaksauce, but the harpsichord sounds fantastic, and it even has a very proper playing style. I think if this had live violin, it'd be one of the site standouts, but as is, it's merely a very good arrangement held back by some subpar samples.

If you enjoyed the game, you'll really love it, and even as someone who is merely familiar with the melody, I came away with a smile.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Can someone please fix the songs list for this remix? It isn't House by the Bay or Tal Tal Heights!

It's Mabe Village (because it's faster) and Outset Island! (Or Aryll's theme, but it seems to slow) There's something else there too but I have no idea what it is.

And the remixer themselves have stated this and it still hasn't been fixed after all this time....:banghead:

It's such a good remix too. It's no wonder why I can't find some mixes on the site.

the strings were pretty weaksauce, but the harpsichord sounds fantastic, and it even has a very proper playing style. I think if this had live violin, it'd be one of the site standouts, but as is, it's merely a very good arrangement held back by some subpar samples.

If you enjoyed the game, you'll really love it, and even as someone who is merely familiar with the melody, I came away with a smile.

I'm learning this for violin.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01086 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, WW & ALttP "Secret Seashells"