Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2009 (It's OVER!! More details coming soon...)

Ramaniscence

Well my MP3 is 7.9 mb's, therefore too large to upload at ThaSauce...here's the Tindeck link, I'm sorry if it's quiet or something; I'm not very good with limiters and compression, etc.

http://tindeck.com/listen/nspn

Wild ARMs 2 - A Journey into the ARMs of the Wild

Sloppy, all-over-the-place metal remix of "A Journey" and "Lord Blazer Battle" from Wild ARMs 2. Some of the synth was live, some wasn't, and I gotta say I'm a lot more pleased with the production than with the playing. I'm not a very good guitarist/keyboardist, see. Anyway, hope you enjoy, especially whoever requested it. But I'm sure you were hoping for better lol.

:/ I've been away for about a week, forgot about the deadline. My track wasn't finished but its as far as I can be bothered to do (don't like the source).

What do I does to get my track on there rama?

I (and Rama as well) can move them by uploading to another contest. I used to do that with Bonus Tracks from PRC by uploading them to the next round and then move them to the round they belong).

You should ask Ramaniscence (like you did) because I'm not the leader from this challenge. Otherwise you can always post what you have.

http://fishy.escariot.net/private/Lunar2.mp3

I already posted it but there it is again anyway. Not finished/polished (missing lead guitar tracks for a good 25 seconds in the middle) but its alright.

Hey Fishy, I requested your source, and though you didn't like it, I really do, and I REALLY liked what you did with it! I'll ipod it for sure, unfinished or not. So thanks for stickin it out, at least one person appreciates it, lol.

Im also interested in your recording setup, what you use and such, if you don't mind divulging. Thanks!

Hey Fishy, I requested your source, and though you didn't like it, I really do, and I REALLY liked what you did with it! I'll ipod it for sure, unfinished or not. So thanks for stickin it out, at least one person appreciates it, lol.

Im also interested in your recording setup, what you use and such, if you don't mind divulging. Thanks!

Well glad you enjoyed it. Uh, not much to my setup really.

Guitar > Tascam 144 > Guitar Rig

I believe I used my Ibanez RG for the leads and my Jackson Dinky for the rhythm. The bass was also live using guitar rig too. If I was using my macbook I probably wouldn't have even used the tascam and gone straight into the side of it. Pretty low tech really.

That was pretty cool! I kept thinking of Bryyo from Metroid Prime 3.

Glad you liked it.

It's not the first time I get this Bryyo song comparison though.

Did you meant the ice part (screw attack), or the cliffside part?

Anyway, 15 songs is great! I now officially believe in miracles. ;)

...even though none of my requests made it through.

FBRC was definitely a great challenge and a lot of fun.

Glad you liked it.

It's not the first time I get this Bryyo song comparison though.

Did you meant the ice part (screw attack), or the cliffside part?

Anyway, 15 songs is great! I now officially believe in miracles. ;)

...even though none of my requests made it through.

FBRC was definitely a great challenge and a lot of fun.

Cliffside. And my request didn't get done last year. But I don't know why I chose it anyway.

Listening party! Hoo-yeah! or not

This is something that's been thrown around and I feel like most people have already heard a lot of the songs, but if people are interested I'm absolutely down for having a listening in #ThaSauce.

Another thing I want to do it package up the songs that finished, maybe give some people to them up a bit if they want, and then release them as a collection on ThaSauce and probably GM4A (working on some album art, actually).

Obviously I'd like to post as many of these to R:TS as possible, but I'm going to contact artists individually before I post their songs. I'm not going to just run and put them up without saying anything, if they don't want them up, or if they want to make some revisions.

I'd like to get the whole challenges Excel file sorted out so we can post who requested what (I'll get on starla about that).

Lastly: Question, comments, or concerns? FBRC has improved greatly every year since it's first been around. It gives artists a chance to work on something they otherwise wouldn't, to prove how dynamic of an artist they are by being able to pick up a project they might not necessarily be interested in in the beginning, and still putting out some excellent results, and it gives the listeners of the community a solid chance at finally getting in some long awaited requests. So any suggestions, from listeners and artists alike, on how to improve it even more would be greatly appreciated.