A Realm Reborn: Final Fantasy XIV Online

The very definition of a tank is monotony. That's why I could never do those classes and respect the crap out of people who do go through with them.

Are you kidding? You're probably not tanking right then. As a tank, you're constantly going nuts with abilities and managing hate between multiple mobs, all the while making sure you out hate the rest of your group. Tanking is hella fun.

DAMN was the beginning of the game slow as all hell, but thankfully learning everything as I went through levels was easy and fun, and the main quest story lines are pretty decent as well.

One thing I HATE about FFXIV at the moment is the dungeons and the requirement to complete them to progress through the story. If you're familiar with dungeons, you need a tank, a healer, and 2 DPS classes to enter a dungeon (either by duty finder or self-made party).

Unless you're a healer/tank, it's going to take a long time to find a party through duty finder depending on time of day. I've waited in queue for over half an hour as a lancer and I still haven't been able to progress through my story because of it.

Other than that, game is fun.

• 1 month later...

That's it!!! I am PISSED off. When I started playing I looked to see what craft made white mage weapons and it was carpentry. I got my white mage up to 50 while at the same time leveling up carpentry, blacksmith, and goldsmith. (along with botany and mining) I hate crafting. But I endured it all for one purpose only: To make my ultimate White Mage weapon. Now that I have just beaten Castrum Meridianum I was looking into what I would need to get my White Mage relic weapon. What do I need?

ALCHEMY!!?!??!?!

What idiot decided that alchemy would be the class to make White Mage weapons? That's the stupidest thing I've seen in this game by far! Even more than Alchemy making grimoire (It should be leatherworker). I probably put over 100 hours into crafting and gathering and it was all for nothing! NOTHING!!! I HATE crafting and look what I endured for this.

Carpentry: 46

Blacksmith:42

Goldsmith: 45

Alchemy: 15

Cook: 15

Leatherworker: 15

Weaver: 15

Armorsmith: 15

Miner: 33

Botany:32

For your information, at level 15 of each craft, you get a really good ability that you can use in any of your crafts. Things like rumination and tricks of the trade are invaluable in crafting.

Edited by Thin Crust

I cancelled my WoW subscription today because Blizzard isn't releasing any further content patches leading up to Warlords of Draenor. I've had my eye on FFXIV for a while and am thinking about checking it out. What's the scoop on this game? Do most OCR folks have a specific server they're playing on?

I am also so very close to giving it a try. Any server info would be greatly appreciated ^_^

I'm on Cactuar server. I know Brushfire was at one point. I don't know if he just stopped playing or if he switched servers. But this is where I'm at right now:

Bard - 50 (Full DL, two pieces of AF+1, and just got my Relic +1)

Dragoon - 39

Conjurer - 25

Pugilist - 22

Marauder - 22

Thaumaturge - 18

Arcanist - 9

Leatherworker - 50

Carpenter - 50

Weaver - 50

Culinarian - 37

Blacksmith - 29

Alchemist - 23

Armorer - 18

Botanist - 34

Fisher - 33

Miner - 17

What idiot decided that alchemy would be the class to make White Mage weapons? That's the stupidest thing I've seen in this game by far! Even more than Alchemy making grimoire (It should be leatherworker). I probably put over 100 hours into crafting and gathering and it was all for nothing! NOTHING!!! I HATE crafting and look what I endured for this.

Alchemy is for 1-handed WHM weapons. Carpentry is for 2-handed. And alchemy for grimoires makes sense to me. You'd get the leather needed to make it from a leatherworker but the magic ink that acts as a conduit for Arcanist spells is the final touch. Seeing as it's the last part in the process, it would make sense that Alchemists take materials from leatherworking and basically enchant it

Edited by Theory of N

I'm on Cactuar as well, though I let me subscription lapse because I've been doing a shitton of traveling for work lately and haven't been home to play. I'll probably re-up in about a week when I get home. (I'm Juren Jovian, if anyone on Cactuar wants to add me.)

Hit me up when you're back. I play a LOT so it'll be easier that way. My name is Kitlana Arco