MAGFest 8

Broken

I have prereg'd. I'd say go ahead and put me down as definite.

*edit*

As for transportation, normally I'd offer to carpool, but I'll be leaving straight from DC to WV to go snowboarding this year, so I won't be returning right home after MAG. I'm up for a caravan thing, though. Nashville and Atlanta people should pass right through here.

Ahoy kids. Just out of blatant curiosity in the off chance that my insanity drives me to actually attempt MAG, is there anyone in the North Dakota / Minnesota area that is driving there that would enjoy the company of Flik sitting in said vehicle. It's not definite that I can go yet since I'd have to request time off work, but if it's more likely that I could make it there I'd actually try to go. PM me if there's any chances.

Ahoy kids. Just out of blatant curiosity in the off chance that my insanity drives me to actually attempt MAG, is there anyone in the North Dakota / Minnesota area that is driving there that would enjoy the company of Flik sitting in said vehicle. It's not definite that I can go yet since I'd have to request time off work, but if it's more likely that I could make it there I'd actually try to go. PM me if there's any chances.

Can't help you with transportation, but how about if I offer to buy you a smirnoff ice*

*under the condition that you agree not to puke all over the door of my room

Finally got around to pre-registering! I'll be bringing at least one person with me, maybe two.

The Christmas dinner is gonna be on the 25th for those who wont have family to hang out with.

There will tacos.

Finally found the original thread for that which answered my earlier questions anyhow. I'm never good with forum searches... Anyhow, since I don't actually celebrate Christmas, and have nothing else to do that weekend, you can expect me there.

Unfortunately it looks like Jill might not be going this year. I still might be, but we'll see...

Dagnabbit. KF

Some of these answers may be buried deep within the thread, but it should be on the front page for us to see.

1. Is there an NYC caravan going?

2. Where is Brush's house?

3. Does anyone else still need to prereg? I have been trying to get a group so we can all get in on a group rate.

4. Which rooms still have room? Maximum capacities don't seem to be displayed.

These are all good questions.

1) No idea. I can't think of too many people from NYC off of the top of my head either, sorry.

2) Again, no idea. I just know he lives in Nova. Brush, do you feel comfortable letting everyone know your address? Or could you pm it to some peeps?

3) I'm going to say if you haven't pre-regged yet, even if you definitely plan on attending, I think I will put you in the tentative list, so that you can check there for potentials to get a group registration with.

So, for everyone that said "yes, I'm definitely coming," if you haven't pre-registered, let me know so that I can separate you from the list of people that already have everything squared away.

4) Brushfire's room has space for 10. I don't have the official word from Bahamut on how many he's willing to take. I'm also a little confused as to Vilecat and some other people's situations. (I've heard that she may be staying @ Brushfires 10k acre ranch as well?)

I updated a few people's statuses.

These are all good questions.

1) No idea. I can't think of too many people from NYC off of the top of my head either, sorry.

2) Again, no idea. I just know he lives in Nova. Brush, do you feel comfortable letting everyone know your address? Or could you pm it to some peeps?

3) I'm going to say if you haven't pre-regged yet, even if you definitely plan on attending, I think I will put you in the tentative list, so that you can check there for potentials to get a group registration with.

So, for everyone that said "yes, I'm definitely coming," if you haven't pre-registered, let me know so that I can separate you from the list of people that already have everything squared away.

4) Brushfire's room has space for 10. I don't have the official word from Bahamut on how many he's willing to take. I'm also a little confused as to Vilecat and some other people's situations. (I've heard that she may be staying @ Brushfires 10k acre ranch as well?)

I updated a few people's statuses.

2: the Address is

7105 DeFranzo Loop Unit A

Ft. Meade MD, 20755

If you plan on coming to the LAN party, and are coming via car, make sure you go through the Reese Road Gate off of 175 (Annapolis Road). YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS GATE!!

Don't let your GPS's trick you into going on a NSA Employees Only road. THEY WILL DO THAT!!

Also, Cooper Avenue is closed at the moment on Base, so you will need to take the first right out of the base gate. You will be on Ernie Pyle Street. Continue bout half a mile, and you will come to an intersection with a stop sign. I cant remember the name of the street but if is after a stopsign that looks like you have to stop at it, but dont. Follow that until you get to a T-Intersection, and take a left. Continue on that road till you get to a stopsign at the bottem of a short but steep hill. Turn left on Rockenbach Road. Follow that all the way to the end, BUT DO NOT GO INTO THE NSA COMPOUND GATE!! Take the last right of Rockenbach, which is 3rd Calvery Road. Turn on Defranzo Loop, which is the Second right, and my house is the last house in the Second housing unit on the right.

4: That was a joke, though I am all full up now.

If you plan on coming to the LAN party, and are coming via car, make sure you go through the Reese Road Gate off of 175 (Annapolis Road). YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS GATE!!

Don't let your GPS's trick you into going on a NSA Employees Only road. THEY WILL DO THAT!!

Also, Cooper Avenue is closed at the moment on Base, so ...[complicated set of directions]... Turn left on Rockenbach Road.

It looks like Rockenbach Rd connects directly with MD-175 Annapolis Road, which would greatly simplify directions. Is part of it NSA only, or otherwise impassable between your place and Annapolis Rd?

So, I've been terribly out of the loop on MAGfest lately, but still plan on going! I'm just a slacker when it comes to spending money, I guess. I live about 20 minutes south of MAGfest, in Northern VA, and can hijack a car for the duration too, but if somebody's got space in a hotel room I'd be open to that as well. Also, we've got room for one or two warm bodies at my house, if needed.

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but I've got options and can make something or another work. If somebody needs a place to crash, or is looking for another person for a hotel room, let me know!