MAGFest 8

Broken

Oh, man, I'm really torn here; a local friend of mine is throwing a new year's eve bash with a bunch of old friends that I haven't seen in several years, including one female friend from highschool who... well, lemme put it this way: starla actually has the second best ass I've seen.

So I'm debating whether I want to come to MAGfest tomorrow or hit the new years bash and then head up new years day.

As long as there are picts ;-)

In the waning hours of the evening here at MAGfest, I had a jamfest with suzumebachi, shael, cyril the wolf, and random black dude on drums. We made bootiful bootiful musics together, but next time I'd want to do it with Shael 1. not exhausted and 2. not plastered. Still, amazing fun.

Then after that, the rest of the night (5:30 AM - 6:30 AM) was spent trading blows with Larry on HDR in the console room. Rematches, sir! This time with a controller that doesn't have dead buttons!

I am dreading the end of this awesome awesome time. Still need to play Dave at HDR. He's dodging me, I know it. Doesn't want to own up and FACE THE WARRIOR.

/livejournal

Due to a series of unfortunate events (which are really nobody's fault), I've had to leave MagFest early and crash with a friend in the area until my flight home. Unfortunately, I haven't really had a real chance to hang out with DrumUltima, Nekofrog, Ashamee, Starla, Liontamer, etc. The list is long, these are only the names that came to mind in the minute or two I've spent writing this post.

So I thought I'd make a thread for anyone else who's had to leave early, or just totally missed someone they were planning on seeing, and we can commiserate.

MAGFest rocked, as usual. Unfortunately, D-Lux, his lady, and I had to depart Sunday night before the concert. But even with the regret of not seeing all the bands, it was quite a blast.

First, a shout out to everyone I had a chance to hang out with: Obtuse, Level99, q-pa, Kizyr, Arrow, Will, AeroZ, and anyone my faulty memory may be neglecting. Sorry I didn't get to hang out with folks as much as I'd have liked, but since MAGFest has a musical experience quite unlike anywhere else, I tend to soak up as much of that as I can, often to the detriment of hanging out & chatting it up. And that's a darn shame, because you're all so chill and down-to-earth. I wish there were more than just a weekend to get to know everyone.

The moments that made my MAGFest had to be the entire OneUps set -- no one grooves out to video game tunes quite like this group -- and the dance party held afterward. I was probably sloppy as all hell, but I rarely get the chance to all-out dance, so I really appreciated that.

Looking forward to the pics, vids, and anecdotes sure to follow! :)

After leaving Alexandria at 1:30 AM after the concerts & cosplay contest, and driving all night--partially through a snowstorm--I am indeed back in PGH and still alive.

As hard as it was to leave like that, there is something to be said for compressing all the goodbyes into an hour or so, as compared to seeing everything slowly wind down in empty rooms... :sad:

But things were definitely awesome. More to follow as I digest everything--and maybe after a nap. :-P

:nicework: to all!