MAGFest Iron Chef (working title)

Scrobble

Many years ago, i remarked to MrMagfest, "It would be fun to have a cooking contest at the con." Until now, the hotels have been pretty heavily against it, but this year it looks like it may be a reality, featuring MrMagfest as the chairman, and special guest judges including the voice of Duke Nukem himself.

The rules and details aren't completely nailed down yet, but as of now it will consist of an appetizer, an entree, and a dessert, judged per course and then overall. Equipment will likely be restricted to a microwave, a George Foreman grill, and a blender.

You will most likely be required to chat about your food with the various judges/commentators throughout the competition, which is currently planned for 1 1/2 hours in length.

After talking it over, we decided that OCR/Shizz/VGMix should each nominate members to represent them in the competition. Please discuss who you think would be a good candidate to battle for the title of Magfest Iron Chef!

Many years ago, i remarked to MrMagfest, "It would be fun to have a cooking contest at the con." Until now, the hotels have been pretty heavily against it, but this year it looks like it may be a reality, featuring MrMagfest as the chairman, and special guest judges including the voice of Duke Nukem himself.

The rules and details aren't completely nailed down yet, but as of now it will consist of an appetizer, an entree, and a dessert, judged per course and then overall. Equipment will likely be restricted to a microwave, a George Foreman grill, and a blender.

You will most likely be required to chat about your food with the various judges/commentators throughout the competition, which is currently planned for 1 1/2 hours in length.

After talking it over, we decided that OCR/Shizz/VGMix should each nominate members to represent them in the competition. Please discuss who you think would be a good candidate to battle for the title of Magfest Iron Chef!

I nominate starla.

('cause af is taken)

Also: LAOS

Edit: Also John Moser.

I'd like to suggest "Can the judges BBQ" as a name for this.
/thumbs up

While I really enjoy cooking and think this could be a very interesting challenge, I won't be participating in this. Either way, it'd be nice to have some more specifications. Full course or just 1 dish/plate? What about the ingredients? I'm guessing you bring your own, but will there be a place to store them and whatnot to make sure they don't get eaten?