Lufia II DS Remake

Lyrai

http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/11/18/new-lufia-game-details/

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

somewhere I have like, hand drawn charts and graphs and a ton of crap from the second one because I just played the crap out of it and then I bought the GBC one and my spirit was -crushed- and then they announce this

Oh god could they actually be LEARNING? Seriously the GBC one was a huge stinky pile of poo and it was even WORSE compared to the second one which was incredible.

Well as long as the ridiculously, awesomely, head-smashing-against-wallsy, brilliant puzzles are there, then I will be happy.

VERY happy.

I am also happy to hear that the main staff from the original are back.

...seriously, some of the best puzzles of any game I have ever played.

Whoever drew the new character art for Maxim needs to be shot.

Why did they change him around to look like Squall : (

As I said when I posted it to my facebook, it looks like the character designer was going for Nomura and the environment designer was going for Tales of Symphonia.

Also trailer with gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq4B0_aa8uw via Kotaku. I have no idea how to imbed Youtube vids, sorry.

I have to admit, it actually looks like a lot of fun, especially the new items. Still not sold on the character redesigns, but I can get over that.

I'm indifferent to the new design, there (It's Squaresoft - what'd you expect?), although I'll miss the good ol' 'just-out-of-the-shower' look that Maxim used to have...

Just watched the video, and I'm pretty stoked, now. Great graphics, a new battle system (to replace the dated one from the series - it worked then, but I'm not so sure it would now), a revised soundtrack, a revised story (hopefully it will remove the 'Fix the Bridge' story mechanics and use more organic story devices), CG movies... Yeah, needless to say, this looks like it's going to be perfect.

Gotta play it to find out, though - here's looking forward to the 2010 release!