Mega Man X series: Maverick Rising - History

Bahamut

So I'm back! ...and with another WIP on board, this time from zircon & Level 99 providing the poison on Toxic Seahorse!

That combination sounds ridiculous, can't wait to see how that will turn out.

Glad to see you back Wes, I've been waiting to converse with you over IRC... about good news. :wink:

For those who are on the project & for just those generally curious - I am about to make a decision that will possibly affect the release of the album, although I'm going to do everything I can up to that point so that it isn't affected.

Right now I am looking seriously at enlisting in the Army or Marines, with the goal of entering boot camp before the year ends. In particular, there is a real chance that there is a conflict between the final wav dates and being sent off on the start of my military career. I will know in advance as I go through the process of enlistment, so I will keep people updated on that.

The earlier you can finish, the better because of this. If I happen to be gone, Dyne will handle the rest that needs to be done.

I really want to see this ready if possible music-wise before I leave for basic training. Let's make this happen!

• 2 weeks later...

The army?!? God damn.

Well, good luck either way, and I agree, even more incentive to GET THOSE TRACKS DONE.

Speaking of which, I can't believe no ones claimed Wheel Gator's Theme from X2. That's like one of the best themes in the game.

Very spiderman-ish sounding. Or was that batman? Either way, would be great if it was all synth. :wink: There's also Dr. Cains theme from X3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csNnPhz3NxA&feature=related

which would be great in a melody of all the minor themes, it being the hook. If I sound kinda pushy, it's only because I've been looking forward to this album for a while now. Huge MMX fan, and the OST's have always been top notch.

Coming closer to another final wav - melody is about ready to deliver the goods, and it's goods indeed :-) !

The army?!? God damn.

Well, good luck either way, and I agree, even more incentive to GET THOSE TRACKS DONE.

I ended up choosing the Marines - I'm currently enlisted & working out pretty hard towards preparing for boot camp. The album will come out before I ship out though, so no worries on that front.

Best of wishes on your life's path, bahamut.

As for this musical arrangement:

I just hope you guys all learned from Maverick Hunter X on how NOT to remix these songs.

Good lord what a terrible collection of remixes THAT was (should have been called "Guitar screeches and muddiness: the Album").

Though I doubt that'd happen in this case.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i am letting you guys know that i am still working on the tracks. Magna Centipede is almost done. Boomer Kuwanger track is in a early state. A rough WIP will be posted soon. But my focus right now is finishing Magna Centipede first.

I'll post the results in the KNGI WIP forums.

Oh, and this thread needs a little bump ;)

-Cheers-

Got some surprise tracks on the project!

The first listed here is TheKrow's take on Duff McWhalen (which is basically Bubble Crab).

I will list more gradually as we get closer to completing the project! The music portion is looking on track to be done by October though, so we're hopefully looking at a release this year.

• Liontamer changed the title to Mega Man X series: Maverick Rising - History