Term ideas for "VGM with lyrics over it" (for brentalfloss)

Liontamer

http://twitter.com/brentalfloss/status/16239074275

brentalfloss @ocremix Alright y'all. I'm on a mission today to create an umbrella genre term that means "Video game music with lyrics over it". Ideas?

Let's see whatcha got.

EDIT: Inside the mind of djp:

<djpretzel> Hmm now... anime has Filk already

<djpretzel> "Gilk" would be a mutation of that, but I doubt that would work

<anosou> sounds like an amphibian

<djpretzel> I'd suggest the umbrella term have more focus... if it's funny lyrics specifically, that's one thing

<djpretzel> if it's ANY lyrics, that's a little big

<Liontamer> my guess, he probably means funny lyrics

<djpretzel> it's a typographical error, but has come to mean a combination of folk music w/ sci-fi/fantasy media fandom

<Liontamer> What's filk stand for?

<djpretzel> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filk_music

<djpretzel> if there's "Anime Filk" there could be "VG Filk", as a phrase

<djpretzel> anything else would need to probably mix or enjamb VG/VGM/Game with another word, like karaoke, satire, parody, vocal

<djpretzel> VGMbellishment, VGMbarassment... could go honorific and call it a "VGM Yankovic"

<djpretzel> I like that :)

<djpretzel> anyways, there's my brainstorm

<djpretzel> fancy: Game Libretto

<djpretzel> or VGM Libretto

Vocal VGM?

Or Vocal Game Music, which probablematically shares the acronym VGM. Or Shariq suggested Game Music Vocal. But to me, both of those have issues. Larry missed this:

[17:05] <djpretzel> [13:33] <djpretzel> anyways "Game Filk" and "Game Libretto", or VGM instead of Game, those are my top recommendations

[17:05] <djpretzel> [13:33] <anosou> Yeah, can't come up with anything re: this ..

[17:05] <djpretzel> [13:35] <Shariq> gmv

[17:05] <djpretzel> [13:35] <Shariq> game music vocal

[17:05] <djpretzel> [13:35] <Shariq> :P

[17:05] <djpretzel> [13:36] <djpretzel> sure, that too... although it's ambiguous with actual game music that happens to be vocal

[17:05] <djpretzel> [13:37] <djpretzel> Filk and Libretto both clarify that the emphasis of the genre is adding your own lyrics

[17:05] <djpretzel> [13:37] <djpretzel> game music vocal does not, but sounds good

[17:05] <djpretzel> [13:39] <djpretzel> for someone who named their site OverClocked ReMix, I suppose that's the primary barometer :)

What is this even pertaining to anyway? Are you talking about someone singing over like, Green Hill Zone or something? Is this video game songs that already have lyrics, like that song from Final Fantasy X? Is this just a song about video games with lyrics, like nerdcore or something?
<Liontamer> my guess, he probably means funny lyrics

Funny lyrics over instrumental VGM arrangements is my inference to the overall premise. It's brentalfloss, of course.