Sign in to follow this  
djpretzel

OCR02053 - Mega Man X5 "Moonlight Vibin'"

As soon as I heard this one for the first time, I knew it was gonna be on the front page. Very nice job with this one, DCT.

its good to see him back im really feeling this track..i was hoping there was gonna be some bar spitting but i guess i will have to wait till next time :)

Ah, one of my favorite tunes!

You did a great job here; the mood is a bit different from the original, though, which is neither good nor bad. The original was much more spacey and haunting; this mix is definitely more on the cheery side, but I really enjoyed it.

I might do a MMX4/MMX5 remix soon. You've sparked my creativity ;)

Never knew just how much musical diversity and talent DCT had in him before this song :-) Great contribution to the OCR library, I loved this when I heard it on your site and I still love it now!

Very relaxing and smooth, though I agree with what djp mentioned in the write-up: the beat is bit too static. Considering that it's a 4+ minute song, a little more variation would have been nice.

Overall, I enjoyed this one.

I think I've grown more partial to "mellow" music since I started browsing OCReMix. And in that regard I love DCT. Every time he pops up on my iTunes I just become more and more relaxed. :>

The source melody fits perfectly with what you were going for. I didn't really expect the beginning of the source to play in the middle, though. Big surprise, but I love it.

I have really no complaints for this song. I absolutely love it all around. Even the beat.

Wait, a Mega Man X series track than isn't rock or electonica and sounds amazing? Madness! The smooth piano and hip hop beat is soooooooooo good. Such a peaceful mellow ReMix that is relaxing and calm. This ReMix would be the kinda thing that would blow my mind after a hard day's work or just need to chill out a bit. Awesomeness all around.

I can only belatedly echo previous posters when I say- smoov, smoov stuff. These downtempo chill (but not *too* chilly, there's some warmth to those vibes!) are absolutely perfect for unwinding at day's end. You know, under the moonlight and such.