Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

the Library is nearing completion, folks. i need to do three and a half more book stacks (out of twelve). then it's just time for the ladders and a few signs.

did some math last night. eight stacks of 5x2 and four stacks of 6x2 equal 128 bookcases on the floor. the stacks are 18 bookcases tall, so that's 2304 bookcases total. 6912 books, 20736 reeds, and 13824 blocks of wood (interestingly enough, that's 3456 logs).

i might add some more stacks in, though, so that's not finalized yet. i also need to install the fireplace and some other stuff.

edit:

There's plenty of far away land. I suggest building it in a deep cavern and see if it'll blow its way to the surface... If it doesn't, then we'll have a nice underground hall...

note the RAM usage on that picture. that server had about eight times the RAM that ours does, a way better processor, and still took nine hours to process the effects of that explosion.

i think it's a bad idea until, like, the last week of the server.

Edited by prophetik music

the Library is nearing completion, folks. i need to do three and a half more book stacks (out of twelve). then it's just time for the ladders and a few signs.

did some math last night. eight stacks of 5x2 and four stacks of 6x2 equal 128 bookcases on the floor. the stacks are 18 bookcases tall, so that's 2304 bookcases total. 6912 books, 20736 reeds, and 13824 blocks of wood (interestingly enough, that's 3456 logs).

i might add some more stacks in, though, so that's not finalized yet. i also need to install the fireplace and some other stuff.

edit:

note the RAM usage on that picture. that server had about eight times the RAM that ours does, a way better processor, and still took nine hours to process the effects of that explosion.

i think it's a bad idea until, like, the last week of the server.

Fair enough. In that case we should stick it under spawn. ;)

I've been throwing around some ideas with Crowbar about donation benefits and just wanted dot let you all in on it.

We figure if you donate to thank you for this we will give you a reserved slot and we wil honor any special requests.

Special requests are things that we haven't totally figured out yet, but an example is, if you want us to spawn you a record, we will do that.

Obviously, this requires more thought and it's not going to be ridiculous requests like 100 diamond blocks.

Please post some ideas here of what you'd like if you donated.

We haven't had any donations yet, and in honesty this makes me sad. We totally weren't expecting it, but we had quite a few people say they would pitch in if we started a server.

Please let us know what we can do.

Edited by Meeting_Gman

whoops, i missed that. just donated five dollars.

if you people can't donate a dollar or two to something you use as much as you do - seriously, it's like not getting a coffee in the morning, or a half-gallon less of gas - then you really suck. it's a dollar. you're not going to miss rent because of a dollar, unless you're a complete imbecile with money.

Well, you can build a simple house.

Or you can build a bigass house.

Or you can build a house on a flying artificial island with an artificial lake, an aqueduct, a tower on the back and a cart elevator in the front...

And once that's done, you can build something bigger, like a pyramid, or a colossus, or a submarine bunker, or a 2 km long subway track.

The goal of the game is only as far as your ambition takes it to.

Oh and in single player, you have to do that while making sure the undead don't kill you.

And the game is still in Alpha.

So i had a crazy idea...

server event: buried treasure hunt.

someone goes out and buries a chest of some kinda goodies. one person would hide/bury a chest somewhere and create a means of getting there. what i mean by that is clues. create a way that other people can figure out where it is hidden, but not easily of course. the person who finds it keeps the contents.

thoughts?

Thank you so very much, Crowbar will be a happy man when he gets home. I didn't want to be a harpy about it.

Please let us know what benefits you would like as a donator! Don't be shy!

So i had a crazy idea...

someone goes out and buries a chest of some kinda goodies. one person would hide/bury a chest somewhere and create a means of getting there. what i mean by that is clues. create a way that other people can figure out where it is hidden, but not easily of course. the person who finds it keeps the contents.

thoughts?

That's a really cute idea actually.

So i had a crazy idea...

thoughts?

I had a few treasure rooms/a secret inn scattered around the old map, with semi-hidden clue signs at my base. They were pretty fun to set up. You can hide caves behind waterfalls, cover tunnel entrances with a single cube of dirt, build rooms at the bottom of a lake...all kinds of stuff.

Please let us know what benefits you would like as a donator! Don't be shy!

infinity diamond blocks

also money

Edited by Hylian Lemon