Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

They got sold to Micrsoft when all the good people in it left to form their own companies, and Rare hasn't made a good game since.

So why the fuck would they be saving Nintendo, and what exactly would they be saving them from?

OK, I'm saying I wish they were still intact and with nintendo. And if they were, they would save them from this fucking game drought. There's not much to choose from lately if you haven't noticed.

By the way, nuts and bolts was a great game.

They got sold to Micrsoft when all the good people in it left to form their own companies, and Rare hasn't made a good game since.

So why the fuck would they be saving Nintendo, and what exactly would they be saving them from?

nuts & bolts was a really solid game and the viva pinata games on 360 were excellent. haven't played the ds one so i have no clue how that turned out, but rare has certainly made good games in the past 10 years. sure it sucks that they can't make the games nintendo fans want to see, but that doesn't mean they stopped making good games altogether.

I think the nintendo Wii U is what the Wii should have been, in 2006

Apparently Nintendo considered a touchscreen controller back then. I guess the world wasn't ready for it yet.

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/nov2006/tc20061116_750580.htm

The DS had a huge impact on the Wii's design. We had the DS on our minds as we worked on the Wii. We thought about copying the DS's touch-panel interface and even came up with a prototype. But then we rejected the idea, since the portable console and the living-room console would have been exactly the same.

I think the nintendo Wii U is what the Wii should have been, in 2006

This basically. Nintendo is now officially playing catch-up, but they know that they can't steal the audience away from the PS360 unless they add some kind of "innovation". This isn't innovative. You could do the sort of thing the Wii U is doing with a DS/Wii or a GBA/GC,(albeit in a limited capacity), and you can play plenty of PSN games with either your PS3 or PSP. Now Sony is already beating Nintendo at their own game(for once) with the PS3 and PSVita connectivity with stuff like Ruin and apparently Dragon's Crown.

Nintendo was at the forefront with the introduction of motion controls. With this, they seem to be struggling to keep up.

Now Sony is already beating Nintendo at their own game(for once) with the PS3 and PSVita connectivity

Except Nintendo is bundling the Wii U controller with the console at launch, rather than having it be an optional combination. This means more incentive for developers to utilize the tech, since they know that each Wii U owner will have this setup right off the bat.

I highly doubt it would have been possible for the Wii to have had the power of the WiiU in 2006. 5 year is a lifetime when it comes to component prices. The strategy of the Wii was quite intentional: forsake power and fancy graphics for a novel way of playing, thus targeting large swaths of new customers who weren't gamers before and keeping prices very low. It worked wonderfully.

i find it interesting that nintendo stocks have tanked two days in a row as a direct result of the wii-u's inability to impress investors and the fact that they basically didn't demo any really important new games - like the job announcement for smash brothers, for example :< i think the wii-u looks really interesting, but i want to see what games they make before i think about buying it.

i find it interesting that nintendo stocks have tanked two days in a row as a direct result of the wii-u's inability to impress investors and the fact that they basically didn't demo any really important new games

the damned already pointed out in this thread that this exact same thing happened to nintendo stock when the wii was announced, and then look what happened afterwards

(Sony) The booing at the at&t deal probably didn't help

One thing I wish the original wii had in 2006 was accurate motion controls. The motion plus still not being pushed very hard has really left the wii with not real motion controlled games but silly wagglin. Hopefully motion plus will be more used or even required by more wii u games that are motion controll based and not tablet based

Since I believe it will be mandatory for skyward sword a lot more people will have motion plus devices.

Edited by Crowbar Man

the damned already pointed out in this thread that this exact same thing happened to nintendo stock when the wii was announced, and then look what happened afterwards

Plus comparisons to the other two console makers stocks and a lot of paragraphs explaining a few things about it... but you know, whatever, it's not like I put any effort into researching that or anything.

It's cool. Carry on.

most trolled thread 2011

What ABOUT the PSN Hack thread? Stay on topic!

On a serious note, you people criticizing the Wii U for "being a step behind" are being ridiculous (and I think Nintendo showing off Wii games for it's Wii U demos was a mistake, but alas). You argue that because Nintendo's system is barely getting HD output capabilities that it won't be as successful as Microsoft and Sony's successor systems? Yeah, the lack of HD graphics really hurt the Wii didn't it?

By now, anyone telling Nintendo what they SHOULD'VE DONE instead of the Wii is kind of stupid because the Wii was a huge success for them. Not only have they succeeded at fishing the "Blue Ocean" of untapped customers since 2006, but they have successfully diverted their competitors into jumping onto the motion control bandwagon while giving developers the time to get experience developing on HD systems like the PS3 and XBOX360. Now they have what is basically a 3DS as a controller and a system more capable of

and a controller that can be used in ways the Move and Kinect cannot. If it's one point you can make it's that by showing off the innovative controller now, possibly a year or two before Microsoft and Sony detail their own systems, Nintendo may be giving the competition a chance to steal their new technology from the word go, instead of years after it becomes successful.

Also I think all this negativity is due to one big factor, and it's an understandable one: people are overreacting because they aren't seeing any games at all built specifically for Wii U. The games will come. The 3DS is also suffering from a lack of games at the moment and so Sony seems to be striking a chord with the PSVita's pricing (though I'm not sure what games people are interested in there, aside from Uncharted). And let me say again, since people seem to not be reading my posts: people are acting like this tablet controller is a stranger concept than the Wii remote when it's the equivalent of a 3DS bottom screen with an additional circle pad.

Edited by ocre

sorry i didn't read 50 pages of nattering back and forth, bleck.

I'm going to guess no less than $299, no more than $399. Probably $299 or $349. Anything more than that is not going to fly with most consumers.

the 400$ price point has been fantastic for the 360 and PS3 for years and years, and they only recently had to start adding value to get people to continue to buy it (controllers with custom colors, etc) with the MW2 bundle. before the big 360 price drop, the elite was still 350$ with one controller and no games four years after launch, and the PS3 was still 400$ for one controller, no games, and no OtherOS. if it comes out at 400$ with a Wii Sports-style everyman game and drops to 350$ when everyone else comes out with a next-gen system, i wouldn't be surprised at all. it's the new thing, it's nintendo, and people line up for days for whatever they do.