OCRA-0027 - Mega Man 9: Back in Blue

k-wix

Download it: http://backinblue.ocremix.org

Torrent: http://bt.ocremix.org/torrents/Mega_Man_9_-_Back_in_Blue.torrent

The goal of the Back in Blue project was to remix the Mega Man 9 soundtrack in a variety of styles and pay tribute to one of the greatest platforming series of all time.

Mega Man 9 carries on the classic legacy of the original blue bomber, and does so in true retro fashion. Published by Capcom in 2008, Mega Man 9 featured familiar 8-bit visuals and audio similar to that of the Nintendo Entertainment System. It was a true throwback to the earliest entries in the franchise and proved that retro games still had a spot in modern video games.

Started way back in 2009, the project has seen a generous amount of setbacks and fell into many, many "ruts." Capcom was successfully able to produce another entry into the series before the project was even released, Mega Man 10.

That being said, as project director, the artists and fans kept up this project every single step of the way, and it is my greatest pleasure to deliver this project to you guys. I am proud with not only the completion of the project, but the quality of the artists that shines through in every single track.

Thanks to the artists for all your hard work. Seriously, thanks.

We want to say thanks to Capcom and Inti Creates for creating Mega Man 9.

Thank you!

I remember this project. I was asked to make a little banner for the original site when it was on shackspace. Then shackspace went away, as did the website for a quite a while. But, I still have this...

MegaMan9RemixLogo2.gif (hit Ctrl+F5 if it doesn't play from the beginning)

Anyway, I'll download the album later. Right now, I have to flee offline from the approaching thunderstorm.

Speaking of direct posts, where is Main Finger!?! His track was rockin' and he needs some more OCR lovin'.

I'm right here! Glad to finally have a track on OCR that isn't a decade old :P This is my first time being on an OCR album and I'm very happy to be a part of it. Especially now when Mega Man needs all the fan support he can get.

Speaking of which, I posted the album on The Mega Man Network:

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2011/09/07/mega-man-is-back-in-blue-and-ready-to-download/

I'm having trouble downloading the album, which saddens me immensely. The internet in my dorm is stupidly slow, and won't let me add the torrent, and there is a problem with the zip files that prevents me from opening them as well. Anyone else having similiar problems, or am I going insane? I really need this album :(

Well, I downloaded the album via the zip and I opened it just fine in WinRAR.

Did you try downloading the songs seperately via the Music page? Because if you can't get the torrent to work (as a student myself I remember being unable to use torrents and the IRC due to the university's firewall, so it seems like a common thing), and you can't get the zip to open either for some strange reason, then I'm pretty sure the individual mp3s - tedious as it might be - can still work out for you.

I'm having trouble downloading the album, which saddens me immensely. The internet in my dorm is stupidly slow, and won't let me add the torrent, and there is a problem with the zip files that prevents me from opening them as well. Anyone else having similiar problems, or am I going insane? I really need this album :(

I think you're just n00b at ZIP files. Do like Rexy said:

http://www.win-rar.com/download.html

Love the album! But why are the tracks in such a strange order (eg. 03 - Dr. Wily Stage 3, 04 - Dr. Wily Stage 2, 17 - Dr. Wily Stage 1, etc.)? Did you favor the album's flow instead of going the "logical" way? Also two Jewel Man remixes but no Concrete Man? I'm aware of the competition for Concrete Man going on, just sayin' :D

Speaking for k-wix, I recalled that he was more in favor of an order as according to flow rather than the in-game progression. There have been some past OCR albums that have managed to go by a traditional track order but have been criticised in regards to the pacing throughout, so this could be seen as a more different case.

I hope this answers your question :)

Not a noob at zip files, trust me. Whenever I try to open it using WinRAR it gives me an error code, saying that the files are corrupted or incomplete. I'll try DLing each song individually, tedious though it will be.

Glad you know your compressed files! Your download must have corrupted somehow. When I DLed the MP3 pack here, it was all good.

Finally got it all, and I must say, it's another spectacular album in terms of variety, arrangement, quality, and all those other lovely things. Not nearly as expansive or perfect as the NiGHTS album, but let's face it, that one was freakin' perfect in every way. I could wax on forever, but I think I'll save that for my blog.

This album, above all else, sparks my interest in a Mega Man 10 album. What's the likelihood of such an album?

Albums being made are as likely as someone making it and it being good enough to release on OCR

But the real reason I am posting is to ask is Megaman 10 the same as MMX? Or does the roman numeral not work in this way? Thanks :-D

Also yes, this album is quite the interest sparker

Albums being made are as likely as someone making it and it being good enough to release on OCR

But the real reason I am posting is to ask is Megaman 10 the same as MMX? Or does the roman numeral not work in this way? Thanks :-D

MegaMan 10 is the tenth game in the original game series that started the franchise. MegaMan X and its sequels are an offshoot of that series. They're two different sets of games placed in the same basic MegaMan universe, with the "X" series taking place some 100 years after the original games.