OCR02297 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Fifty Rings to Ride"

djpretzel

• 4 weeks later...

I have been turned into a full-fledged fan ever since Robot Museum came and took a part of my soul. Your work is always so smooth and seamless. Really wonderful stuff to get lost in. I can listen many, many, times, and always hear a new little bit of the music I never noticed before.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

So sexy and smooth....I was expecting a Barry White-like voice to come in at some point, which made the falsetto bit funny to me. The piano was pretty cool and I the rest of the mix was awesome. The falsetto singing threw me off a little and I didn't hate it, but I think the mix would have worked with or without it. Not saying it was bad, and I liked it myself, just that it was a bit neutral to me. Overall, great ReMix.

Another chill mix from Josh - some might think it gets a bit repetitive, but it certainly does a great job with its subtle variations and maintaining that sweet groove. Not sure if the falsetto singing was the greatest thing to add, although I can see why it was put in. Regardless, the song does a great job overall in utilizing just a few notes and making a complete song out of it.

• 3 weeks later...
JM takes the second Special Stage mix, with a title that doubles as a game hint. Source comes in at 0:27. Sounds like he slowed the tempo down a bit; it works quite well. Classic Morse instrumentation and jazziness. Sexy guitar, ethereal instruments… it’s beautiful… Ahem. Brief breakdown at 2:05. 2:51 brings in some DO-DO-DO-DO-DOOOO… fits in perfectly with the track. More source usage at 3:17. 3:50 heralds the end of the track.

Here's another mellow mix from JM; it's calm, cool, and relaxed. Much unlike the stages in which the source played (spinning around is not really that relaxed, ya know?). A good listen on a calm day; great for backing ambiance when hanging out with friends too!

• 2 years later...

Wasn't big fan of this one whe I heard it at first time. But now I'm lovin' it so much. Sexxxxy, but still kinda sad. Awesome interpretation of sources, especially of GHZ and SYZ. While the originalas are bouncy and happy, they're much slower here, blended well with other soucres. And when I heard vox, I had a tear of both joy and sadness. Very slick stuff!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02297 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Fifty Rings to Ride"