OCR02429 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "In the Robot Factory"

It's a sin that there aren't any more comments than this. I'm certainly diggin' it. Could always use more great Sonic 2 mixes.

I am going to have to disagree with the comments regarding the end, because I find it appropriate enough for it fizzle out like it did. Fit with the overall theme of the mix imo.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is chock full of a mechanical sound to it, showing itself to be an industrial song that doesn't use the low end as much as most songs in the genre, giving it a bit of a minimal sound to me. It also features some Sonic effects if I'm not mistaken.

The song does a pretty good job of keeping everything varied. Anti-Syne is starting to impress me more with his work, it really stands out as possessing good songwriting.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be honest, when I heard "industrial" my mind went to aggressive angry guitar driven metal with electronic bits in it. This, one the other hand, seems to be literally industrial in it's metallic feel. Both kinds are right up my alley, and this ReMix is outstanding! I can almost imagine the machines and pipes in the factory that Robotnik is in moving and making the song through their motions. Really cool and fits Sonic's arch-enemy real well. Anti-Syne strikes again!

• 1 year later...

This mix reminds me one of my favorites by Beatdrop, Final Fantasy 6 - Deserted Industry which came out shortly after i joined this website actually, haha.(http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00852). My expectations for mixes in this kind of variation is very tough. To say that i love it is an understatement. You did a great job with this mix and i'm looking forward to having it on repeat for some time in the future! Very well done!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02429 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "In the Robot Factory"