Steam's Summer Getaway Sale

Brandon Strader

It's not, and you should be ashamed to even say this.

We had this discussion before in the dmc thread. You're still wrong, and DmC is still a shitty game not worth $5, made by a dev team who openly mocked and derided anyone who voiced a complaint about the game, and produced a shitty, dumbed down 12 year old's version of what's so cool and awesome and I am genuinely glad it tanked in sales.

Slightly more on topic:

The current crop of games for sale is pretty good. Evoland is worth about $5, although I'd still call it a bit odd. Gunpoint is worth every dollar of entry. Fallen Enchantress is terrible, if you haven't played DXHR by now what is wrong with you, and don't buy Tropico 4 without getting Modern Times, at least.

Edited by Lyrai

I generated me a $60 card so I could only spend that much, and pretty much pay the price of a game from Gamestop. I got:

Chantelise

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Eufloria

FLY'N

The Last Remnant

Magicka

Recettear

Rock of Ages

Civ V Gold edition

Thomas Was Alone

I think I have around $5 left on the card, so I could get one more game. I'm waiting to see if Don't Starve gets down to that.

I think I'm done buying stuff too so I might as well share my haul.. Only thing that'd get me to get another game is a really really good deal on something I want, like Assassin's Creed 3 for $5.

The Bionic Commando Pack

Gundemonium Collection

Defiance

Fairy Bloom Freesia

eXceed Complete Pack

Ys I & II Chronicles+

PixelJunk Eden

Organ Trail: Director's Cut

Rogue Legacy

Max Payne Bundle

Max Payne 3

The Secret World

Gifted to me:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire (Theonar, my bro-in-law)

Castle Crashers - Blacksmith Pack (BONKERS)

Castle Crashers - Pink Knight Pack (BONKERS)

^^ THANKS! :-D

So far Ive picked up

Bastion- Yet to play it but people appear to enjoy it.

Waves- This game is a pretty fun arcade time killer, its also really pretty.

FEZ- This game is so cool, im only maybe 15 mins in and I can tell that its going to be a fun game, There have already been a few good moments where I sat, smiled and thought wow that was kidna cool, or been surprised by an reference to other games.

Seems like i'm done with buying things. My haul:

Deadlight

Dishonored

Doom 3 BFG Edition

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition

Fallout: New Vegas

Hotline Miami

Mark of the Ninja

Sleeping Dogs

Quite a sober amount of games. Alot of the games that were on sale didn't appeal to me, or were still too expensive for my tastes.

Current Haul:

Borderlands 2 twice (one for my bro), as well as Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep

Dust: An Elysian Tail

TellTale Games Bundle (again for my bro, lucky birthday placement huh)

Spec Ops: The Line

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE WTF NEVER PLAY)

Torchlight II

Universe Sandbox

Eh~, I have it, and it's not that bad. I don't like GfW Live that much either, but you doing yourself a great disservice for not playing it if you don't already have it.

Seriously, unless you have a certain preference to a particular system. Just punch yourself for not owning this fantastic game.

Also, I am on the fence on getting the Last Remant, I have 30 bucks on my steam wallet, and I don't know whether or not to it save for something like DMC, or for some other cheaper game as soon as they go down in price again...

Edited by Firebird