Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Hey guys guess what:

Any character they want to work in Smash would work in Smash.

Snake was hardly the ideal character, but it works.

Kirby has Jigglypuff was hardly an ideal character, but he works.

Donkey Kong never did anything but run and jump, but he works.

Ice Climbers? I mean seriously.

It really doesn't "how well" anyone would work. If they WANT to put them in the game, they will, and it'll work.

Also: Richter Belmonte is effing broke AT LIFE.

Most Belmontes = run, whip, jump.

Ricther = DASH, SLIDE, RAZOR THING, UPPERCUT, RAIN HOLY WATER, SHOOT GIANT CROSS, OPEN GIANT BIBLE...

I mean the dude is cool and all, but seriously....broke. Chris & Trevor beat Dracula without ANY of that shit.

Arr, I think his point is that a lot of characters in their original games didn't have as developed a move set as they got for smash. Most characters start pretty simple with just being able to jump on stuff to kill it or throw things around. In DKC all DK could really do was jump on stuff, throw barrels, roll, or do that ground pound thing, which is much less than he does in smash. :3

So I'm not really so sure if saying "x character just wouldn't work" can hold an argument for most any characters they'd consider to go into smash. It seems to have been pretty easy so far to expand on all the different characters fight styles without it seeming awkward to the character.

How many times did I say "character" in this post now x.x

TBH if we get another 3rd party character besides Snake, I'd want it to be a Belmont, a Megaman or Geno long before Sonic.

Geno...Geno...Geno!

Oh man. I would be so content If geno was in it. Although if he had the Beam move he'd just rip through everyone with 999 dmg. Man that was rigged.

Anyway, Geno was the name of the doll. His real name was like... !(star)(heart)(quarter note) .. it was just too difficult to pronounce. :-P

Geno is owned by Square Enix, and they are quite the douchebags, so I bet it would be much easier to get the rights to Simon Belmont (already have Konami on board) and Mega Man (Capcom would kill to put him in) instead of paying crazy money to get rights to Geno

But anything can happen

Also: Richter Belmonte is effing broke AT LIFE.

Most Belmontes = run, whip, jump.

Ricther = DASH, SLIDE, RAZOR THING, UPPERCUT, RAIN HOLY WATER, SHOOT GIANT CROSS, OPEN GIANT BIBLE...

I mean the dude is cool and all, but seriously....broke. Chris & Trevor beat Dracula without ANY of that shit.

Julius also has it.

Julius for Brawl.

ICE CLIMBERS

FOX

Hell, Zelda.

Seriously, they add moves, remove some, and tweak others. Most characters are a possibility in brawl. From Captain Olimar to Tom Nook.

Move set for Tom Nook

for B Slingshot

down B Shovel

up B Fishing rod (like an upward grappling hook)

Final Smash: Makes a house drop on the map (like a super wide snorlax)

Ya'know, if that's true, then every Belmonte AFTER Juste has extra special powers...

...which, I guess kind of makes sense.

Wasn't Juste's generation the one when the Belnaldes bloodline got mixed in the Belmont bloodline?

Its WIKIPEDIA time

Trevor married Sylpha. Most of the bloodline has magic in it, Juste was the first one to use it, I guess. Richter was the son or grandson of Juste.

This is way too pointless for me to spend more time on that topic.

Actually, DK does less than he did in DK64. He lacks his gun and all those other wacky moves. So this kinda shuts down your "give them movesets that don't fit the character."

Uh, I'm pretty sure DK64 came out AFTER SSB by a couple of months.

And really now, DK wasn't all that different in DK64 from any other thing in the past. Yeah he learns some special abilities, playing an instrument, throwing bombs, and so on. But his core play is still pretty similar to when he was in DKC, and the way he acts in smash still fits his character even if he isn't hurling explosive oranges or shooting people in the face with a coconut gun.

Oh and, hey look fox is in the game! :tomatoface:

Nice to get a close up though, he doesn't look too bad if you ignore his wonky shaped head.