Been out of the loop for almost 10 years

SectionX

There are a lot of new remixers putting out some incredible work, and you really should spend some time going through everything.  However, it sounds like your tastes run pretty similar to mine, at least in part, so here's a short list of some of the artists whose remixes are still in my list of music I've downloaded but not transferred to my permanent collection:

• Sir_NutS
  • Tetrimino
  • Geoffrey Taucer
  • DDDRKirby(ISQ)
  • Jorito
  • Metal Man
  • Hylian Lemon
  • Sam Dillard
  • Chimpazilla
  • Showroom Dummy
  • Chris ~ Amaterasu
  • Claire Yaxley
  • Nutritious
  • Phonetic Hero
  • timaeus222
  • Gario

Again, that's really reductionist, and you really shouldn't limit yourself to just a few choices like that.  (Oh, but if you like Game Over, make sure to check out The Megas if you haven't yet.)  Put on OCR Radio and let it take you to new places.

1 hour ago, MindWanderer said:

There are a lot of new remixers putting out some incredible work, and you really should spend some time going through everything.  However, it sounds like your tastes run pretty similar to mine, at least in part, so here's a short list of some of the artists whose remixes are still in my list of music I've downloaded but not transferred to my permanent collection:

• Sir_NutS
  • Tetrimino
  • Geoffrey Taucer
  • DDDRKirby(ISQ)
  • Jorito
  • Metal Man
  • Hylian Lemon
  • Sam Dillard
  • Chimpazilla
  • Showroom Dummy
  • Chris ~ Amaterasu
  • Claire Yaxley
  • Nutritious
  • Phonetic Hero
  • timaeus222
  • Gario

Again, that's really reductionist, and you really shouldn't limit yourself to just a few choices like that.  (Oh, but if you like Game Over, make sure to check out The Megas if you haven't yet.)  Put on OCR Radio and let it take you to new places.

thanks a lot man. I'll check those artists.

I also remember a site called http://www.vgmix.com/ or maybe was it vgmix.net 

it had very good stuff

8 hours ago, SectionX said:

What's some good remixes these days?

I recommend The Missingno Tracks and Heart of a Gamer albums. I can say without bias and hyperbole that they are totally super cool-awesome, and the crews that put them together are composed up sexy god-spawn. That's at least three times better than regular spawn.

No love for Brandon Strader? He makes good remixes :(

You're named after my favorite Beyond Twilight album though, Section X.. really good stuff. 

There's not really any remixes in the style of Section X, probably because it would just be so hard to make one in that style. I could see it being done, maybe as a medley of some FF6 stuff. But the singer, Kelly Sundown Carpenter, is on my shortlist of best vocalists out there right now.. would be hard for someone to match up to that quality and performance ability. 

But yeah just keep an eye on the front page, good remixes posted there.