Nintendo Wii

Smoke

August is now dubbed month of Metroid.

Nintendo is celebrating the soon to be released Metroid Prime 3 by dedicating a whole month to it.

Check out the Wii shopping channel for a new "channel" dedicated to demos for Metroid Prime 3, along with info about both the Virtual Console releases of Metroid and Super Metroid.

Nintendo is celebrating the soon to be released Metroid Prime 3 by dedicating a whole month to it.

Check out the Wii shopping channel for a new "channel" dedicated to demos for Metroid Prime 3, along with info about both the Virtual Console releases of Metroid and Super Metroid.

Funny thing.. just yesterday, IGN had an anti-hype article, about how there's been NO hype from Nintendo about MP3.. and now, an entire bloody channel devoted to it! o.o

Ha ha, IGN just ridiculed themselves. Either that, or it was an elaborate joke.

Anyway, this is cool news. I'm glad to be getting updates of any kind. Keep sending us shit, Nintendo. Now, if only I can kind my copy of Super Metroid before I blow 8 bucks on the virtual console.

Ha ha, IGN just ridiculed themselves. Either that, or it was an elaborate joke.

Anyway, this is cool news. I'm glad to be getting updates of any kind. Keep sending us shit, Nintendo. Now, if only I can kind my copy of Super Metroid before I blow 8 bucks on the virtual console.

Hardly. There needs to be more in the way of advertising than a Wii channel. As cool as it is, it requires people make the effort to look at it and it doesn't sell to people who don't yet have a Wii (who are holding off for the release of "Good Games"). I still agree with IGN's take that advertising for Metroid Prime 3 is, as of yet, lacking. The Wii channel is simply a step in the right direction as are the VC releases (which were fully expected). Let's see a few more steps. I for one don't want to see Prime 3 overlooked like Prime 2 was.

This is my favorite series, I want it to sell like mad.

Hardly. There needs to be more in the way of advertising than a Wii channel. As cool as it is, it requires people make the effort to look at it and it doesn't sell to people who don't yet have a Wii (who are holding off for the release of "Good Games"). I still agree with IGN's take that advertising for Metroid Prime 3 is, as of yet, lacking. The Wii channel is simply a step in the right direction as are the VC releases (which were fully expected). Let's see a few more steps. I for one don't want to see Prime 3 overlooked like Prime 2 was.

This is my favorite series, I want it to sell like mad.

Most of the heavy advertisements for most of Nintendo's big hitters don't start till two weeks or so before the game even launches. Its surprising now every Wii connected to the internet knows about the channel, might check it out and increase the awareness. I bet ya starting next week you'll be seeing commercials with those 2 japanese dudes saying "We would like to play" and *insert cheesy Metroid Playing*.

This is a slap to IGN indeed. But I do agree with them at some level, as in, I saw far more advertisement with the first metroid prime, and back then everyone thought it was a bad idea. Now that everyone knows it's a solid game is when they should have hyped the shit out of it. It's the game that will prove that Wiimote FPS controls are better than a controller, after all.

Yeah, ya'll are pretty much right. Nintendo has the Wii owners stoked for this game. Everyone else, eh, not so much. I bet some commercials will appear for this game. If they do not, then it's all Nintendo's fault. After all, if Harry Potter for Wii gets a theater ad, then Metroid Prime definitely deserves at least the same level of publicity.

Nintendo's not stupid. It knows it needs to get this out in the open just like Zelda when the Wii launched. You'll be seeing commercials, ads in game magazines and all over game sites. This game is hype, its just been dormant for a while. It will pick up steam as more details of the game are released towards the release. And yes rumors are Metroid this coming week and Super Metroid the week after (apperantly Europe got Breath of Fire II today I think :( ).

Cool. It'd be even better if they put a playable demo.

Those 2 videos weren't that impressive to me. I like metroid, i beat prime and own 2, but I'm just not sure i want to get corruption. What's so new and exciting about this one besides the control scheme and the dark samus thing?

Those 2 videos weren't that impressive to me. I like metroid, i beat prime and own 2, but I'm just not sure i want to get corruption. What's so new and exciting about this one besides the control scheme and the dark samus thing?

Probably just a better game overall. Plus, we get to finally see the end of the Prime series.

I like the fact that they've added Samus interacting with other characters. Should make the game a bit less lonely.

I like the fact that they've added Samus interacting with other characters. Should make the game a bit less lonely.

But she's supposed to be the lone bounty hunter though :[ I must admit though, I almost got pissed off when I heard the woman's voice in the first video. I almost thought they gave Samus a voice, so I had to turn up the volume a little bit to hear what she was saying haha.