Tim Follin: Dirge for the Follin - Musician Recruitment

Liontamer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think part of the delay may be my fault, actually. I had a very ambitious track that I got stuck on... and then 2009 hit and I've been utterly swamped with work, so I've had very little time for music.

Despite my best efforts I couldn't get my track to a place where I was happy with it, so over the holidays here I scrapped it and started over... and thankfully I'm really liking what's happening this time around. I'm gonna do my best to crank it out fast, but I also have 4 clients who need their projects finished by Jan 1st, so I dunno if it'll be ready in time for MAGFest or not.

Rather odd, usually I'm the first person to finish a track for anything. But ol' Follin's work is difficult to improve upon, and 2009's been a blur. So, my apologies for my slowness here, I'm doing my part to get my track finished, so the project can come to completion.

I think part of the delay may be my fault, actually.

I wouldn't blame you. I was one of the people who started the project and I've mostly lost sight of it for a couple of years. I still need to meet with Larry and see what I can do. I know he wants me to make the website, but I don't know if I'll be able to spend much time on that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Alright, it's on then. I'm definitely doing his title track for "Time Trax" on the SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive, even though it's unreleased I believe this is one of his most incredible efforts. Masterful usage of the technology of his day.

I don't have anything up on here yet but if you take a look at my portfolio it will give you an idea of my capabilities. I will try to make this remix a fitting homage to Tim Follin's work.

• 8 months later...

As a big fan of Follin, I'd love to try my hand at arranging something of his. It would most likely be one of his NES tunes OR his Ghouls 'N Ghosts C64 work (though there's already a mix for that). Not sure which game yet, I'll have to re-listen through his discography and mess with some ideas.

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more activity. Not enough Follin love here; the man was (is) a genius! Shame his vgm career ended like that.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...