ANTIGRAVITY - new album available / new zircon website!

zircon

CD Baby is pretty fast with shipping.. Mon or Tues at the latest for most of y'all, I would think.

I really appreciate all the comments by the way from those of you who have already heard it in some form, or even just the previews.

I have just one request... if you liked, tell your friends, tell your family, tell anyone else you know who might be interested in this kind of music. I really rely on word of mouth to promote my music. If you know any DJs, likewise, send 'em my way if they're looking for my kind of music. Believe it or not, despite all the orders + preorders I'm gotten (and I've already nearly outsold Impulse Prime in online orders, which has been out for almost 2 years) I have not even made up 25% of my investment just to manufacture this.

CD Baby is pretty fast with shipping.. Mon or Tues at the latest for most of y'all, I would think.

I really appreciate all the comments by the way from those of you who have already heard it in some form, or even just the previews.

I have just one request... if you liked, tell your friends, tell your family, tell anyone else you know who might be interested in this kind of music. I really rely on word of mouth to promote my music. If you know any DJs, likewise, send 'em my way if they're looking for my kind of music. Believe it or not, despite all the orders + preorders I'm gotten (and I've already nearly outsold Impulse Prime in online orders, which has been out for almost 2 years) I have not even made up 25% of my investment just to manufacture this.

Don't worry, you'll sell more when you win Techno Alblum of the year again.

I have not even made up 25% of my investment just to manufacture this.

Well, that really sucks. I think that it's a shame how many people I know are so unwilling to buy music these days. Might just be the college environment. I'll try my hardest to promote this though! It's rare that I absolutely love every track on an album.

Well, that really sucks. I think that it's a shame how many people I know are so unwilling to buy music these days. Might just be the college environment. I'll try my hardest to promote this though! It's rare that I absolutely love every track on an album.

Thanks everyone for the support.

One thing you can do... if you use "StumbleUpon", go here;

http://adterrasperaspera.com/blog/2007/05/13/review-of-zircons-new-album-antigravity/

And hit "I Like It!"

StumbleUpon is a simple toolbar addition to Firefox or IE that is basically like a communal set of bookmarks. As you flag pages that you like, other users who are looking for those general kinds of websites will be directed to it when they hit the "Stumble!" button on their toolbar. The more users that give the thumbs up to a particular site, the more visible it will be within the SU network. If you don't use SU... you should! It's cool. :)

I'm not much of a fan of electronica, but I decided to check out the samples just for the heck of it.

Well, I can't say its turned me into a fan or anything, but epic was right; from the samples it's obvious that there is some real musicianship here.

The songs are dynamic; within the short span of the samples there was a lot of changes in what was happening with things being altered, added, and/or subtracted long before they began to become repetitive and dull. Each song seemed rather distinct from the other as well, which is good.

Now maybe I've just not listened to enough electronica, but there seems to be a noticeable difference in the depth and complexity of these songs in comparison to most of what I've heard as well.

All around good stuff. Breathing You In was probably my favorite; intro/buildup was nice, and the part at the end of the sample with the acoustic guitar was gold.

Finally came in the mail today. Honestly, I can't believe people got theirs before me, in the amount of time it took for the CD to get here, I could've walked to Portland and picked it up. To be honest, the shipping time wasn't too bad, but I can't understand why people in Texas got it before someone who lives an hours drive away.

Oh well. On to the "alblum".

It's groin-grabbingly great, maybe that should be loin-quivering... Anyways, it's phenominal.

I especially like "Breathing You In" it has amazing production value, and the vocals are beautiful, just as you'd expect from Pixietricks. The song on a whole seems very ESCM-esque.

After listening to the alblum all the way through:

Overall, this is an awesome album. Production is absolutely breathtaking, composition is excellent.

I will say, however, that I was a little dissappointed by "Breathing you In" and "Antigravity." Both, I felt, depended too heavily on a single short riff. In both cases, that riff is absolutely amazing, but it seemed like it could have been expanded more. This is especially true with Antigravity: listening to the chorus alone, it is absolutely the most beautiful piece of music I have ever heard, period. It could not possibly be better. But the rest of the song feels, for the most part, like filler. I'd love to hear more developement and more of Jill's singing in the song. What's there is amazing, it just feels unfinished.

That said, this is still without a doubt one of the best alblums I own.

Also, alblum.

I purchased one of the songs I liked from iTunes earlier today, then bought the .WAV files about an hour later.

I really enjoy several of the songs, especially "The Art of Zen", "Breathing You In" and "Warhead" although I'll agree with Geoffrey's comments above about the two vocal songs seeming like they could be expanded.

Overall, great job. This is actually the first non-game album I've actually purchased in years.