Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

DarkeSword

I figure out why I like

The Pirate Homeworld so much. Super Metroid Crateria theme! And the fact that the place is so overwhelmingly detailed and interesting. I wasn't much of a scanner in the previous games, but I can't help but flip to my scan visor every room just to see what things I could scan for neat information.

Yes, I just got the [bEAM UPGRADE #1] as well. I just ran around shooting rapidly into the sky for minutes before I saved and quit. Sooo awesome. :3

That's exactly what I was doing too. I love how it looks like a stream if you shoot super fast.

I found it difficult to adapt to the advanced controls at first, but I'm used to them now. I definitely think that it contributes to the difficulty of the game, but I still have a complaint in that enemies deal very little damage, as many of you have said already.

I unfortunately haven't had the time to play as much as the rest of you, and so I only just now got the first missle upgrade on Bryyo. (I really liked that boss, btw. The "generator" boss near the beginning was awesome as well.)

Is anybody else playing with hints turned off? I feel that it makes it more Metroid-y...just like in Super Metroid, you have to wander around trying to figure out what the heck you're supposed to do.

EDIT: Does this game remind anyone of the Myst series? The ambience and the new level of interaction remind me of the puzzles in those games.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/815/815899p1.html

Is this good enough evidence?

Yeah, I found it about ten minutes after Ijinn mentioned it. I had to do a few searches, though. IGN updated that article, because I read it back when they first posted it, and there was no pic at the time.

Still, if it's actually been worked on at all is in doubt. This could be more of Nintendo's odd sense of humor when it comes to Metroid sequels (remember the Samus in bed in Mario RPG?)

Some spoilars and how I feel about some stuff

I really don't like how Samus like kills the hunters... After I beat Rundas I was like, "hey I hope I can hear his cool voice thanking Samus, then a freaking icicle pops out of the ground and freaking stabs through him. I was pretty sad :(

Yeah, I found it about ten minutes after Ijinn mentioned it. I had to do a few searches, though. IGN updated that article, because I read it back when they first posted it, and there was no pic at the time.

Still, if it's actually been worked on at all is in doubt. This could be more of Nintendo's odd sense of humor when it comes to Metroid sequels (remember the Samus in bed in Mario RPG?)

Well like they said in the article, Retro could just be teasing us all. However, I really hope thats not the case. A sequel to fusion sounds excellent right now.

iGOD DAMN SHRIEK BATS

I WANT TO SCAN YOU. SLOW DOWNemot-mad.gif

I just got to that part (where you get the map for the first "real" planet - after you leave the space station). Annoys me. Still haven't got their scan. D:

menu theme????

uh am i the only one that thinks this game has one of the best menu screens like ever

i know it doesnt mean a ton but i LOVE the menu screen

I went into the options to change my A and B functionality* on my first file and the music actually hooked me (with the little critter in the background).

* I was expected to hate the "B is not fire" scheme (it's a trigger!), so I changed it from the default, but after playing for five minutes, I had to swap it back to "A, fire; B, jump" way. I'm trying to figure out why it's more comfortable - Red Steel and everything else shot with B... Which scheme do you guys use?

Oh wow, if you start a new game over a completed one you keep all of your scans. Definetly better than rescanning every little goddamn thing that pops up.

Niiiice. I'm still being a scan-whore. I like the deeper background you get from it, but I'm not going to overdo it this time through. (Playing on Veteran on my first playthrough).

I've got to agree with Joe; (spoilers) I was very, very dissapointed to see that the other hunters were quickly corrupted and killed. At the very least, I hoped you'd be able to save them from their corruption, so that the possibility of other hunters that AREN'T either dead or wanting to kill you for some reason could maybe arise in future games. Samus is badass as a loner, but having those other hunters to impede, aid, or just meddle her progress was a feature I, among many others, was very much looking forward to. The hints at a rivalry between Samus and Gandrayda (Sammy, rofl) was one of the biggest potential things, and they just kind of dumped it off. Dissapointing.

So I just bought MP3, put it in, had it do a proper system update and then I get "The Game Disc could not be read.

Bloody BS. Not a single scratch on the disc and I've got to trek back to Target to exchange it, assuming they still have copies available.

Yay for spoilers... they should really make a spoiler tag or something.

I agree with Big Boss on this one, especially about Gandrayda. You know, even though Samus is all badass and everything, why did they have to therefore assume that everyone else is NOT badass? Rundas may have seemed like a prick, but he was skilled. And had a strong will. Who says that he coudn't have fought off that corruption? Ghor wasn't even all organic! In fact, he barely had any organic components left in him (I think something like 5%, but don't quote me); I know that Phazon can affect machines, but if anyone could have fought it off, he could have. And Gandrayda... was a bitch. Sure. I'll give her that. But she was powerful. Her body could literally take on any form, as well as the qualities that form entailed. There are literally hundreds of ways that she could have staved off that corruption.

I'm sick of games making the lead character the only badass one in existance. Yes, Samus rocks. We can agree on this. But, she isn't the only one that rocks.

And while I'm ranting on story, what happened to them when they died? I mean, GREAT boss potential. Seriously. Even if they wanted to kill off the characters (which I, as you can tell, don't support), what about that flying Dark Samus that popped up every time you killed a hunter? Why did Retro not, I don't know, use that in the final fights? Have Dark Samus use some of thier stuff, but in new and refreshing ways? Come on, guys... step up.

--Jack Kieser

got to the back of the valhalla, and boy is the name for the ship ever a witty choice

indeed

this is my favorite level so far, and its the only level out of the three prime games to match the pure ambiance of the space pirate base from Prime 1