Condolences/Prayers/Best Wishes to Reuben Kee's Family

djpretzel

Reu's music is what first led me to this community and really shaped many of my musical tastes thereafter (I was only... 13, 14 when I first heard his "Ryu's theme for 4 pianos").

I sincerely hope that wherever his spirit may be, he continues to create wonderful and powerful music; and that here on our Earthly plane, people will continue to hear and be affected by his music, and that he will be remembered for years and years to come. His devotion to his art will be missed.

Just the other day I was listening to some music and one of Reuben's pieces popped up on my playlist; I said to myself, "Wow, who did this?" I made a note to definitely check out Rueben's music.

While I didn't know him personally, I do know for sure that we've lost a great artist and a great guy. I'm sorry for your loss. Reuben won't be forgotten; not by a long shot.

I signed up today to pay my respects. Like many here, I didn't know Reuben personally but fell in love with his music. His music had a tremendous impact upon my life and for that I feel I owe him a great debt of gratitude. I wish him well wherever he may be now.

I know I don't post here often, but I would like to leave my condolences with Reuben Kee's family.

He had great talent and I always looked forward to hearing whatever piece he would come out with next ever since I first listened to "Ascension to Cosmo Canyon" years ago.

His inspiration still lives on in his music and he will definitely be missed.

RIP

I, like many others here, did not know Reuben personally. However, even as a short-time fan of his work, I can say with absolute certainty that his music has deeply affected me and the way I listen to music. Reuben was able to capture the beauty of life that so often is not readily apparent in this world.

My heartfelt condolences to the family.

Reuben sounds like an amazing young man, and I've always enjoyed his beautiful music. I say sounds in the present tense because even though he may be gone from this material world, his memory lives on in his family, friends, and fans, both here on OCR and elsewhere.

Deepest condolences to the Kee family and please know that you don't mourn alone for this terrible tragedy.

This is tremendously saddening to me. I didn't know Reuben, as it seems most people in here didn't. But his music was some of the most passionate and inspirational I've ever heard. I don't post much around here, but I do more than my fair share of lurking.

Reuben belonged to a small circle of artists I revere in this community. That circle influenced me to take up an independent study of music theory, which I've indulged somewhat at my university. I've taken up guitar, and piano, toyed around endlessly with synths, started a small band, and now work as a DJ in a local bar on the side of my studies.

My point is that the music made by Reuben, and this community in general, has a massive impact upon those privileged to listen. His loss is an absolutely shattering concept that's very honestly hard for me to take in completely. But Reuben will live on in his accomplishments, and his joys, sorrows, hopes and thoughts will be forever encased in the echoing drums, myriad synths, thought-provoking ivory melodies he's left for us.

Reuban's ascension into cosmo canyon was my and my friend's all time favorite rendition of cosmo canyon. Excellent remix from a great musical mind. We will miss him and his work. I... I don't know what to say to make it any easier for you, but maybe it will help knowing that his life impacted people in some way. I wish you all the best.

I have a strong belief that one's character is tied closely to the music they make, and that one's expressions on their instrument of choice are extensions of themselves. I do not believe I ever exchanged words with Reuben, online or otherwise, but when I hear his music I believe, at least in one respect, that I knew who he was.

Around this community, we can often become nameless, faceless, people. It's easy to become 'the guy who did this remix' or 'the pianist who played that'. In the end we can become lines on people's playlists or tracks on people's mix cds... but regardless of that slip into obscurity, we become our art. In this way, know that Reuben's sentimental music touched my heart long before I tied a name to his tracks, and he will continue to do this worldwide both now & forever.

You should be very very proud.

I remember listening to Reuben Kee's music and his ability to convey such vast emotion through his piano. Listening to his music inspired me to pick up the piano myself and now it saddens me to know that every time I hear his music that he is no longer with us, but I am glad to have heard his music.

Reuben Kee will always have a lasting impression on me and everybody else his music and influence reaches.

I know God has a plan for each and every one of his children and Reuben so happens to be called to play his music in heaven where choirs of angels will joyfully sing alongside him.

I was shocked to hear about this, it made local news here in Australia. OCR has lost an incredible talent and a shining advocate for everything we do here. Its a terrible tragedy when someone so talented with such a bright future ahead of him is cut short. My sincere condolences to his family, friends and all who loved him.

It is unfortunate that I had not really heard Reuben's music before I heard of his passing - he had a great talent and I wish I had known of his songs earlier. I wish to offer my sincere condolences to you, and I will pray for you that your sorrows might be eased. God bless you.