so what do YOU want for christmas?

prophetik music

i'd like an access virus kb, a roland mono/poly, whatever's wrong with my rhodes mark 1 seventy-three keyboard's amp fixed, a new cpu, an 80gig ipod, and a new head unit for my car radio.

Hmm. I want an 88-key keyboard with MIDI out and good action, although I won't get that. Also, I want Prophet's Rhodes.

Hoping for either an ipod or QL Gypsy.

Gypsy would really suit your style, I think. Good luck!

- Some more RAM, FL slows to a crawl whenever I load in any halfway decent VSTs. I mean, I guess it's fun to try to find ways to work around it (create multiple project files for one song and mix down the wav files in Adobe Audition), but it does get old after a while. Plus, I really need to get to work on some things.

- New headphones! They're cheaper than monitors, and I desperately need something better than what I currently have.

- Other than that, some movies and/or games would be cool.

- New headphones! They're cheaper than monitors, and I desperately need something better than what I currently have.

Skull candy seem to be pretty good, without being insanely expensive. I'm not sure on american prices, but here in australia they're around $60-120, depending on the type. Should be around half that for you guys, and my friend assures me that they are very good. Its on my list :)

That, and a laptop. I'd like to be able to do things on the run :)

A synth keyboard (a MIDI controller would be fine) that's 88 keys, reasonably good quality, $250 or under (if it has to be used, that's fine - I'm looking at the Prokeys 88SX), and compatible with Windows Media Center edition (the big problem - this means anything M-Audio isn't a certainty)! Goddammit. Anyone have any non-M-Audio brand suggestions?

Reason 4.0 and a Mac Powerbook or G4/5 would be nice (Windows is just not made for music creation.) Studio monitors and some live recording equipment would be nice too.
Are you sure you want the old G4/5 platform? You do know that Apple has moved to Intel processors now--and they're better for it; the world didn't end. :razz:

I'm actually looking to sell my 3.5-year-old G4 and am getting a new MacBook Pro (the renamed PowerBook) for Christmas. But it's not really a present as my parents say I have to pay them back eventually. :?

A new high-backed desk chair... the one I have at the moment is crappy and probably causing permanent lower back damage.

Some headphones... I'm thinking Sennheiser HD-555's, or SteelSeries 5v2 gaming headset.

Stacks of CDs...

A few DVDs... StarGate SG-1, The X Files

Oh, and a legitimate copy of FL Studio would be nice.

Perhaps a new console, though I don't know whether I want a Wii/360/PS2. I play PC games mostly these days anyway.