Golden Sun Plz!!!

titan993

These are some of the best games ever made for the GBA, and they have a great soundtrack. They are most certainly worthy of a project, or at least more than the one mix that there is on this site...

Someone please do more mixes of these games...

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know I've tried my hand at a few songs like Aqua Rock and Yallam, however nothing I'd really want to see submitted yet. I think an album would be well deserved, but I know I wouldn't be the one to organize it. I might come around with something soon, but I have no idea what it will be. And that being said, I think Golden Sun 2 had better songs overall, even though some are the same / similar.

there was a phailed gs remix project that never even got started a while back. some nobody wanted to get it rolling, but all they got was a site (that escariot hosted) with a forum that i was supposed to mod and add star power to.

seriously, me? adding star power? nobody bloody knows who i am, for goodness sake.

there was a phailed gs remix project that never even got started a while back. some nobody wanted to get it rolling, but all they got was a site (that escariot hosted) with a forum that i was supposed to mod and add star power to.

seriously, me? adding star power? nobody bloody knows who i am, for goodness sake.

Star Power Activated!

I discovered in the last year a torrent/zip file from some site (which I can't remember now sadly) that has 57 song in it, with Piano/synth/guitar renditions of various themes. It seems to have been done by a particular Japanese artist that goes by サカル バモトイ.

I obviously can't read Japanese so I couldn't tell you, but if people try searching that name they may be able to find this folder/files themselves to enjoy since everyone here seems to enjoy Golden Sun this much as well.

Also perhaps we should start an official Golden Sun Remix thread since a lot of people want this. I mean then we could all list the songs which we would like to see remixed by remixers. Either way just thought i'd mention this because I want to see Golden Sun take fore front again.

Oh also check out the Plasma's. They do a cover of the Livero theme in heavy metal. You can check them out here and download albums as well from his Myspace.

Check it out here;

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=388268271

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the Golden Sun games, myself, especially the music.

I've been slowly building up an audio workstation for myself over time, and I just recently rejoined this community (though I was very invisible and insignificant the first time >_>). A project like this would be a good opportunity for me to try to start doing arrangements on here, though I suspect the project directors would rather have people with more experience.

What to do, what to do...

Back from the dead! Haha.

I heartily agree that Golden Sun should be more represented on OCR.

I think the most beautiful melody (as others have said) is Venus Lighthouse. The artists who endeavor to create a masterpiece would be very eagerly watched by me as an adoring fan. =D

I think the most beautiful melody (as others have said) is Venus Lighthouse.
Venus Lighthouse is great. I put it on my ipod and racked up over 1000 play counts in the space of a week (though I suspect I left it on repeat overnight or something). I also picked up all the Venus Lighthouse mixes that ThaSauce posted earlier as well as The Vagrance's quality WIP.

However...

I'd love to hear to hear some remixes of other deserving songs from Golden Sun. I was listening to Battle! [Fusion Dragon] and Tundaria Tower the other day, and both are solid tunes. Or maybe Crossbone Isle (I don't know how many hours I spent down there)?

P.S. I hope I'm not being an insufferable noob by hanging out in the requests forum and telling the remixers how to do their jobs. If that's the case I can just slink back into the shadows and we'll all pretend none of this ever happened.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've decided that pending anyone with more clout wanting to start a project properly, I'm gonna feel out some artists and see if anyone would be interested in at least the CONCEPT if nothing else.

I know the prophet of mephisto mentioned that some "nobody" tried to start one a while back, and that it failed. I'm also a "nobody", so it is quite possible that I may be on course for a repetition of the past. But I'm mostly just trying to feel it out at this point.

I don't expect much, but I don't see the harm in just asking around. Nobody else is doing that yet, anyway.

I think if anyone wants to see a Golden Sun project succeed, I would suggest leaving the organizing to someone "famous" per se. I'd say at least 70% percent of the work needed to get a project started is getting people to participate, if there turns out to be one. As unfortunate as it sounds, ReMixers would much rather trust someone well-known / respected on OCR or another musical source, rather than a "nobody" as harsh as that seems.

don't start this yet, platinum. wait a while, and you might see your wish fulfilled. get some cred, then get out there and try it out. don't be like the xenogears project.

Fair enough.

I have to wonder, though... the posters here CAN'T be all of the people who would be remotely interested in seeing some Golden Sun stuff. Surely there are more people who would be interested?

Fair enough.

I have to wonder, though... the posters here CAN'T be all of the people who would be remotely interested in seeing some Golden Sun stuff. Surely there are more people who would be interested?

People don't check the Requests forum that often I'd wager, but even then the Golden Sun games were somewhat overlooked and it might be tough to drum up support. The fact that we have only 2 remixes of it is pretty telling. There are games like Mega Man 2 and FFVI that have more than 30 remixes each that still don't have projects. Also I loved the games but to be honest, I don't remember a lot of the music, so maybe that could be the case for others... :|

I'd still encourage you to not get discouraged and to feel the community out. It could succeed as a small project if you are a good organizer and can find the interested parties, but I think probably there isn't enough interest for anything big.