Photo

The PCReMix Initiative ~ Let's put the PC in OC ReMix!

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#61 mk_97

mk_97

Slime (+5)

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:06 AM

Nobody's mentioned Lode Runner: The Legend Returns/Mad Monks' Revenge?

Come to think of it, I'm strongly convinced that the music in TLR/MMR is perfect as it is, but what the hey, I'll take a shot at it.

gonna try remixing this:
Lode Runner: The Legend Returns/Mad Monks' Revenge: Crystal Hoard

with which I have the strong desire to mash up with the Pokemon G/S/C Dark Cave theme for some reason.
LOVE AND PEACE!!!

#62 evktalo

evktalo

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,189 posts
  • LocationOulu, Finland

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:15 AM

Cool to see this support and activity!

Silpheed has a great soundtrack, at least the couple of first songs. But it's really not a PC soundtrack, but a PC-8801 soundtrack. :) The MS-DOS version is a port. Another similar case and a thoroughly great soundtrack is Zeliard. Alas (for the purposes of this initiative), it's not an original PC soundtrack.

--Eino

#63 Melbu Frahma

Melbu Frahma

Yoshi (+1400)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:25 AM

The introduction to Eye of the Beholder II. You can check the list of claimed tracks in the first post. I keep updating it, and there's a couple of links to WIP threads as well if you want to listen to the tracks and maybe post a comment. =)

Finally have enough time to do this up. I'll get right on listening!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#64 Archangel

Archangel

Alex Kidd (+200)

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationSlovenia / Göteborg, Sweden

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

As for input, I don't have any of my own, but I did just come across this post in an old thread: quoted below for the lazy Looks like someone needs to get out and do some recruiting.

Ooo, it's great to see there are more people who are disgusted by the lack of PC music here. =P I've always liked The Wingless' arrangements. According to his profile, he hasn't been on the site in quite a while, though. Too bad.

I've got a lot to work on as is, other mixes and school and whatnot, but I think this thread has convinced me to add a Warcraft 2 song to my to-do list. I absolutely loved that game as a kid and played it for hours on end.

Don't feel obligated to start working on another track if you're busy. There's no rush, and you're welcome to join any time. When/if you've decided to remix a track, just give me the title and I'll put you on the list. =)

gonna try remixing this:
Lode Runner: The Legend Returns/Mad Monks' Revenge: Crystal Hoard

with which I have the strong desire to mash up with the Pokemon G/S/C Dark Cave theme for some reason.

I'll put you on the list, so welcome aboard! Great choice of source, but if you're planning on remixing it as part of this initiative, don't mash it up with Pokemon tracks.

--------

Also, I've submitted my Eye of the Beholder II track to the panel today. The initiative has thus officially started!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#65 extrakun

extrakun

Octorok (+25)

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

Just popping in to suggest the Age of Wonders 1 soundtrack. Some of its tracks, like Defenders, Battle Macabre, Perilous Quest and March of the Halfings are really good.

The Heroes of Might and Magic series have really good music, but little love on OCRemix...

Edited by extrakun, 10 February 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#66 Lashmush

Lashmush

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

i made a psytrance remix of an Unreal Tournament track sometime back. I wanted to do an entire remix project that covered the entire thing plus the original Unreal games soundtrack (i love them both dearly) but it just never took off.

give it a listen and include it if its decent enough :3

edit: oh yeah, heres the original. doh.
Nooooooooooooooo! Not Dan... ANYONE but Dan! :c

#67 Vesh

Vesh

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:16 AM

Oh snap. This might finally get me out of my fear of letting people hear my stuff. I may just have to get comfy with Ableton (finally) and crank out a Solar Winds mix (already had one started in Reason for a student animation project).

No promises. But childhood obsession [with that game] may compel me.

Adding:

Oh sweet! Somebody remixing Necros. Approval++.

#68 Nutritious

Nutritious

Judge, Portrait of a Plumber Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

Oh snap. This might finally get me out of my fear of letting people hear my stuff. I may just have to get comfy with Ableton (finally) and crank out a Solar Winds mix (already had one started in Reason for a student animation project).

No promises. But childhood obsession [with that game] may compel me.

Adding:

Oh sweet! Somebody remixing Necros. Approval++.

I only got to play the shareware version of Solar Winds as a kid, but I remember being captivated by it. I approve of this proposal.
Posted Image
Current Projects: SD3
Released Projects: BC Boss Wild Arms FF4 Super Metroid Tales Xenogears DKC2 FF5 Mario 64

#69 evktalo

evktalo

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,189 posts
  • LocationOulu, Finland

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:49 AM

A ReMix from Quest for Glory, by jrm, just got posted. :nicework: From djp's writeup: "DOS/PC games are still, even after 12+ years, underrepresented on OCR, relative to the amount of amazing music that was written for them."

You know what to do!

--Eino

#70 Dj Mokram

Dj Mokram

Be Aggressive! Co-Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationVR Training

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

As soon as I get enough spare time, gonna pay tribute to the good ole Flashback - the Quest for Identity. ;-)

Under-remixed VGM Defender ||| Twitter - Soundcloud

#71 DusK

DusK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

As soon as I get enough spare time, gonna pay tribute to the good ole Flashback - the Quest for Identity. ;-)

Such a good game.

#72 Magellanic

Magellanic

Abobo (+450)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

I hate to say it (as I do love Flashback) but I think it was originally for the Amiga and then ported to PC, Sega etc.

On another note, I think I'll get started on my mix for this in the next few days (maybe even today).

#73 Dj Mokram

Dj Mokram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationVR Training

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

I hate to say it (as I do love Flashback) but I think it was originally for the Amiga and then ported to PC, Sega etc.

You're absolutely right. Flashback hit the Amiga first in 1992, then the MS-DOS one year later, in 1993.
But technically it's still eligible for the Initiative, since it saw a proper release on the system.
Maybe Archangel can chime in on whether ports are allowed or discouraged all together.

Under-remixed VGM Defender ||| Twitter - Soundcloud

#74 evktalo

evktalo

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,189 posts
  • LocationOulu, Finland

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

I suppose the main thing is that, when the mix hits the front page, it would be listed under either DOS or Windows games in the database. Depends on djpretzel/site staff, but I would guess this would require that the DOS version would have a distinct version of the soundtrack.

--Eino

#75 Amayirot Akago

Amayirot Akago

King Dedede (+2400)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationOut of my mind

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

Just thought I'd tell you guys, I support this idea wholeheartedly. All my years at OCRemix I've noticed a stunning lack of PC remixes, hopefully this'll bring some freshness to the table. Godspeed to everyone involved.

Oh, and if anyone were to do a Space Quest album or any other Sierra-related thing, they'd be in my good graces for life ^_^

#76 The Damned

The Damned

The Missingno Tracks Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,399 posts
  • LocationMossdeep? I think? Shit, where's the map on this?

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

Where's Descent? Three games with a couple of expansion packs = lots of music to pick from.

Seriously? No Descent? One of my favorite series ever, and nothing?
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9771-2777
Steam ID: The_Damned_OCR

#77 Melbu Frahma

Melbu Frahma

Yoshi (+1400)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Where's Descent? Three games with a couple of expansion packs = lots of music to pick from.

Seriously? No Descent? One of my favorite series ever, and nothing?

I know! It's a grave injustice that there's just two remixes of the series, quality remixes though they might be. It needs to be rectified.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#78 Krakozhia

Krakozhia

King Hippo (+15)

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

I was thinking the same about OCR, so count me in! I probably won't finish it, and it won't be accepted either (3xOsc mix only atm), but let me claim Dirty Split Theme by Matthew Brown. Yeah, I know, freeware games ... but I like it.

Edited by Krakozhia, 29 April 2012 - 02:38 PM.

Posted Image

#79 evktalo

evktalo

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,189 posts
  • LocationOulu, Finland

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

Unfortunately, the initiative has a time restriction of up to year 2000. But freeware games, definitely cool! Nothing says they can't have awesome music. And be awesome games.

--Eino

#80 Melbu Frahma

Melbu Frahma

Yoshi (+1400)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Just had a stray thought for music idea: the game Sapiens. It was a shareware game I played that came with a cd called Galaxy of Games III, where you're a neanderthal-ish person trying to survive in a world filled with bears, wolves, and rival tribes, some who want to trade with you and some who want anyone who isn't wearing one of their funny hats to be dead; had some really good beats and tribal feels to it. I could easily imagine it getting remixed into some sort of techno-ey or ethnic remix. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Well, I found tons of places where you could download the game, but only one decent Youtube video with it strangely in mono. Anyone who wanted to remix it would probably be better off just downloading the game and listening to it in its originality, lol, but that'll at least give you a taste of it.

Edited by Melbu Frahma, 30 April 2012 - 03:14 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums