For fun, if you made resolutions for 2011, let us know how they went. Here was the 2011 thread:
Before I get to the resolutions, 2011 was a mixed bag for me. I had a major health crisis that put me in the hospital for a week and left me recovering for a week after that, and which still affects my life a bit daily. I then had several minor health issues. On the bright side, Jill and I bought our first house, though that essentially ate up the last 4-5 months of our lives. With that in mind, here's how I managed to do...
* Automate and delegate more parts of my career, so I can spend more time on the important stuff.
Did pretty well on this. Whereas last year I was doing literally everything myself, this year I worked harder to find contractors and part-time help (like DrumUltima with Impact Soundworks!) while focusing on the important stuff. I think I can still delegate, outsource and automate further though.
* Release at least 3 new sample libraries.
Only managed to release 2, but significant progress was made on 2 more. So... kind of!
* Finish and release my next album and make it the best I've ever done.
Sadly, I failed this one by at least a few months. While I did get a lot of work done on my next album, the various aforementioned life events made it impossible to finish. But definitely tweet at @JillianAversa and @BigGiantCircles to finish their vocals for me
* Create another CD of high-end production music.
Didn't even start... oops
* Get an actual AAA gig (MI2SE itself wasn't really AAA, though it was a major studio.)
Amazingly, I got this with Soulcalibur V.
* Improve my personal efficiency and time usage.
I made some headway here, especially toward the end of the year, with discipline and habits. Definitely can still do better.
* Lose and keep off another 15 pounds.
Actually REGRESSED by 10 pounds.
* Make more of an effort to see friends and meet new ones.
Thanks to our move to Owings Mills, this is coming along!
* Make at least $100,000. Hey, gotta shoot high.
Won't know until tax time but... maaaaaybe before taxes and business expenses. Nowhere close with those things though. Recording projects and international travel are really expensive.
In terms of new resolutions:
* Make a concerted effort to make more music of all kinds.
* Learn more about orchestration, improvisation and composition on a more formal level.
* Finish my next album.
* Release 3 sample libraries.
* Score another AAA game, and at least one other decently large title aside from that.
* Release 20 more tutorial videos of various kinds.
* Finish a secret remix project.
* Lose 10 pounds.
* Make at least one new friend unrelated to OCR/VGM.
How about you guys?