• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 djpretzel

djpretzel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 8,744 posts
  • LocationFairfax, Virginia, USA
  • Software - Preferred Plugins/Libraries:[Plugins]: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Trilian, Battery, Reaktor, Sylenth1, Zebra2, Hive, Alchemy [Libraries]: Spitfire Albion & BML Series, Heavyocity, Impact Soundworks

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

#2 Webby

Webby

Slime (+5)

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBritland

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

Aah, I was wondering when this was going to be submitted to OCR. Awesome track, and not even an up-to-date representation of PR's ability. Rock on, man

#3 VNilla

VNilla

Chocobo (+20)

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

Aw Yeah!! :-D

Never especially liked the original, and despised the SSBB version, but DAMN this is good.

PR, don't ever stop making music.
Whee!

#4 Brandon Strader

Brandon Strader

Rebellion/OK, We'll Groove Director

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,209 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

I really liked Sonic Adventure at the time, though recent ports show just how rough it is.. but back then we didn't care, and it was great. This opening song, combined with the epic visuals, was amazing. It was a great rock song. And now it's a PrototypeRaptor techno. I really enjoyed this one, and I agree that the main vocals at certain points could have been louder and the distortion on them was pretty extreme from what I can tell through my monitors. It makes the song sound really distorted sometimes, and I would have liked it just a little cleaner. This song brought back the good memories of the game and I really enjoyed it, so good work PR! You never fail to impress.

#5 SuperiorX

SuperiorX

Temporal Duality Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,264 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

Awesome mix! Not really familiar with the source, but this rendition is very catchy and the vocals add a nice touch. I have to agree that at parts the vocals do sound a bit overly distorted and get a lost a bit in with the synths, but it's not a huge deal. Everything PR touches is gold :smile:

#6 BlackPhantom

BlackPhantom

Bad Dude (+400)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationAntarctica

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:41 AM

Awesome! I've seen this song worked on before, but this is the first time I can say that it's been given justice. Great work!

#7 Kuolema

Kuolema

Phoenix Wright (+1100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:04 AM

Lots of pendulum love this year eh?
Great mix!

#8 Dark Vagabond

Dark Vagabond

Octorok (+25)

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:29 AM

I wasn't sure what to expect, based on previous remixes all being absolutely and completely different, even making dubstep sound unique.

Hasn't played the same note twice, and I like it.

#9 zach72

zach72

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:33 AM

Huh. I was definitely satisfied with Nutritious' Pendulum-like remix that just came out earlier this month, but now there's another awesome similar song! Really grows on ya after the first few listens :D
[URL="http://www.thorgaming.com/feelthebeats/"][/URL]

#10 StreetFlare

StreetFlare

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:24 AM

Now THIS is awesome. Again, like some of the others, I'm not that familiar with the source, but the song came out amazingly...

PR, considering your beautiful tracks, would you be interested in a...challenge? Try the Sonic game ridiculed for it's horrible glitches, but loved for it's music - Sonic '06. I'd love to hear one of the tracks off that in your capable hands, from Crisis City to the title track, His World.

#11 Arceace

Arceace

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:39 AM

This song is awesome. It gives me the same feeling as it did when I was a kid trying to frantically beat Perfect Chaos. In fact, I like this version even more than the original. This is one of the few songs that I have fallen in love with upon my first listen. Absolutely breathtaking.

#12 GravitySuitCollector

GravitySuitCollector

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationAlbany, OR

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

Yay,another remix from Sonic Adventure! And it's the theme song, no less!

I myself fell in love with this the first time I heard it, with the buildings smashing apart... beautiful. Anyways, I love it; the only thing that I sot of missed was more of the lead melody..., but I guess that's just me. Great job. :nicework:
Nothing here for now.

#13 Ragnarock

Ragnarock

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:29 AM

Wow... just... wow. This... is awesome. I didn't think that that theme could get any better, but... wow, was I wrong...

#14 Flexstyle

Flexstyle

Judge, Double the Trouble! Producer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:38 AM

True story: the night before this got posted, I was listening to it in my car, wondering if PR had submitted it.

Guess this answers my question, haha.

#15 GameBoy

GameBoy

Slime (+5)

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

Why is it like all of PrototypeRaptor's stuff?

I think he's a little too good.

Definitely opening The Arcade with this track today. It's Grrr-eat!

#16 uhhh6677

uhhh6677

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:03 AM

Pretty cool, the vocals were nice but it was hard to understand what he was saying sometimes lol. The production was very nice and the synths sounded cool. Percussion was very fun and overall a very nice mix!

#17 Structures of Sound

Structures of Sound

Glass Joe (+10)

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAuburn, AL

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

Love it.
Somehow, you can listen to it several times in a row, and it doesn't get old! It's really easy to jam out to it.

#18 staresfromstrangers

staresfromstrangers

Slime (+5)

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

Really good stuff, well produced all around.
Check out more tunes at soundcloud.com/bubblepipemedia

#19 Martin Penwald

Martin Penwald

Donkey Kong (+2600)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationBack in Europe

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:53 AM

I've been listening to this almost every day for two months now, and I am still not tired of it.

This is incredible. Love the vocals, especially the chorus.
"It won't matter soon anyway, because this forum won't exist. So why don't you just phase out like a good little unmodder?"

#20 Crulex

Crulex

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,157 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Man, two Pendulum-like ReMixes in one day, I'm finding all sorts of treats here. The level of hard-hitting beats is high with this one. The vocals are insane, and goes perfectly well with the chaotic nature of this ReMix. PR just brings it and never stops until the song ends, and all around, I just can't find any fault with this one. Recommended.

06_hisakoultra.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aggressive, lyrics-original, singing, talking, vocals-male, synth, electronic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums