Liontamer

OCR03464 - Tales of Phantasia "The Dream Will Never Die (Uplifter Mix)"

10 posts in this topic

This is great.  I've both played this and also loved the heck out of every trance mix that's gone up on OCR.  And the description reminded me that I need to listen to White Skies again... Definitely going on the playlist!

Probably the most organic-sounding Vocaloid usage I've heard. Pretty sweet track; I particularly like the bassline's engineering. 

Props for making the second half more pop-like without making it annoying.

Oh sweet lord, YES. This is kind of trance I haven't heard a lot of in years, and it really takes me back to when I first heard of the genre. And as a vocaloid fan, I'm down with robovocals one hundred percent, especially since, as others have pointed out, they sound incredible and clear. This ReMix has been handled so damn masterfully in the ways of trance, it almost brings a tear to my eye, I love it. I hope we hear more from you, Kuro.

Ok, I know it was posted in December, but I just found it now, in February, my traditional Tales of Phantasia month, and now I get even more reasons to replay it. Thank you for this

Wait, I didn't comment on this? Shame on me, I've been listening to this off and on for months, and it hasn't lost it's luster yet. Great use of Vocaloid, and some slick trance to boot. It manages to sound much shorter than 7+ minutes, which is as good an indicator of quality as any.

I've never played this game, and I'm not familiar with the source, but it's a great arrangement in its own right.