Old 02-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Blake Troise
Tanooki Mario (+1500)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDX View Post
then i'll take the attractive ladies
I've actually got dibs on 'em all, sorry. Look it up. It's true life law and everything.

Sponsored Links

Please join us the next two weeks supporting our sponsor, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call™!!
Old 02-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Red Mage (+400)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDX View Post
go find the real world equivalent then i'll take the attractive ladies
You can have your 'attractive' ladies, I'll take the MILF with all that junk inside her trunk.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Ryu (+1750)

Send a message via AIM to Calpis Send a message via MSN to Calpis Send a message via Yahoo to Calpis
So here's the new trailer if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daoOSfetFiI

I think it's looking better, but I'm still worried about the controls. It looks like TP on Wii controls, just more with more angles. I'm sure it'll still be a fun game, but waggle creeping into the game concerns me.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Dr. Wily (+1300)

Please tell me it's not going to have that giant controller display taking up an entire 1/4 of the screen or that we can have the option to turn it off. That looks really ridiculous.

You know, as curious and interested as I am in this one (and I usually am when it comes to new Zelda games), that was a surprisingly unexciting trailer. I gather it's for a tech show and all, but other than a few tiny tidbits, it seems mostly like they're still trying to sell the gimmick, instead of the game itself.

Aside from that though, the game looks really good visually and sound-wise. I'm also very curious to know more about the dude sitting on the statue.

Thanks Mirby.
My short story blog:http://darklink42.tumblr.com/
"Ah yes, from the book of Contrivance 5:13." -Ectogemia

Last edited by Darklink42; 03-02-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)

^ I pretty much said the same thing. I don't get why Nintendo is so intent on shoving motion controls down gamers' throats. Hardcore gamers grew up on controllers with D-pads (or a joystick) and button(s). If the motion controls aren't perfect, which they well could be, there's basically no reason to force gamers to use them. I'll withhold my final call until I play the game for myself, but I'm skeptical at this point.

In all fairness, I was skeptical of Wind Waker, and while it's far from my favorite, it was still a great game.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Goomba (+100)

That Stalfos(?) looks insane.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XZero View Post
^ I pretty much said the same thing. I don't get why Nintendo is so intent on shoving motion controls down gamers' throats. Hardcore gamers grew up on controllers with D-pads (or a joystick) and button(s). If the motion controls aren't perfect, which they well could be, there's basically no reason to force gamers to use them. I'll withhold my final call until I play the game for myself, but I'm skeptical at this point.
Most people don't seem to realize that Nintendo isn't trying to widen the chasm between the "casual" and the "hardcore", it's trying to shorten it. Hence, a Zelda game that's easier to control. It's not a bad thing.
I'm just wishing this game isn't like Phantom Hourglass, where the game was laughably easy, I'm hoping it's more like Spirit Tracks, where it's potential is put to good use.

But I'm optimistic. Three words: Four Armed Stalfos
Old 03-03-2011, 12:16 AM
David O'Neal Roberts
Mother Brain (+4000)

What I'm hoping for:

High difficulty, at least higher than TP
Orchestral soundtrack
Less fan-service to Ocarina fans, more experimentation and developer freedom
A good feel. That good ol' magic "lost in Hyrule" feeling

I like motion plus and the graphics. That's all I know about the game. Lookin' good. Will pre-order.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Zach
Luigi (+2000)

Today I realized how shitty I feel for never beating OoT or MM. I'm actually more tempted to play MM. Would you guys recommend it or are the people who say it's just "boring and weird" right?

EDIT: Oh, has anyone played Master Quest? OoT was already kind of difficult to me but I love a challenge.

Last edited by Modus; 03-03-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:52 AM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modus View Post
Today I realized how shitty I feel for never beating OoT or MM. I'm actually more tempted to play MM. Would you guys recommend it or are the people who say it's just "boring and weird" right?

EDIT: Oh, has anyone played Master Quest? OoT was already kind of difficult to me but I love a challenge.
If you're inclined for MM, complete MM. You're probably not in the "boring and weird" crowd. One of the things I love about MM is that it stretches Zelda conventions pretty far back

As for Master Quest... Worth a play if you're familiarised with OoT dungeons. The MQ dungeons do get a bit insane. But go for OoT first, if you haven't completed it.