Old 07-17-2003, 06:48 AM
David W. Lloyd, Administrator
Ganon (+8000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

OCR01011 - Final Fantasy VII 'Philharmonic Suite: Part I'

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

djpretzel / www.ocremix.org / www.djpretzel.com / anime mixes
Sponsored Links

Please join us the next two weeks supporting our sponsor, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call™!!
Old 07-17-2003, 07:35 AM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Send a message via ICQ to BowlOfCactus Send a message via AIM to BowlOfCactus
Absolutely fantastic.

That's all I can say. It's a bit late for me to give an in-depth review, and I don't feel like nitpicking, so I will leave it at that for tonight
Old 07-17-2003, 08:11 AM
Lee V. Barber, Delta-Q-Delta Director
Joe Musashi (+7000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Damn, this is the stuff that should have been in the Final Fantasy Movie.

Brilliant remix of 'Bombing Mission.' They don't come much better than this. You can just feel the emotion dripping off this one. It builds up so well.

Just to add, that ending was so fitting.

"Big Money, Big Women, Big Fun. You son of a bitch." - Sips
Old 07-17-2003, 08:29 AM
Red Mage (+400)

Send a message via ICQ to GreatLeo
Excellent orchestral arrangement from the site newcomer Jeremy Robson but to me he isnt a newbie I have heard much of his work years ago it seemed. He has done many other excellent FF arrangements most notably FF6's locke's and sabin's themes in the exact same kind of epic style as this one and also a FF megamix of various themes which is on his mp3.com site that is sure to please all you orchestral lovers out there.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:02 AM
Beverley Wooff, Project Chaos Asst. Director
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Whoa... this is beautiful. A highly powerful orchestral version of the opening. Anyone who hasn't heard it yet should leave this page and check it out right now!
Old 07-17-2003, 11:40 AM
Simon Belmont (+2500)

Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Noodle Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze Noodle
This is incredible! The quality is simply dripping from this piece! The samples, the arrangement, the mastering, it's all perfect. Although at times something would come up and it would sort of ruin the feel by being too Midi-ish in execution, they are rare and overlookable. The feel of this piece is very cinematic and you can feel the emotion coming out of it. The breakdown at 4:20 made me soil my pants with its sheer awesomeness. I don't know enough about the original to pass good judgement on the arrangement, but it sounds a lot like the original. There are some parts I don't remember from the original though, so I guess those are your parts. Ah hell, with this kind of quality you could make a MIDI rip and I wouldn't care. This is just nice stuff. Nice Work!
Old 07-17-2003, 12:30 PM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Send a message via AIM to FF3Setzer Send a message via MSN to FF3Setzer Send a message via Yahoo to FF3Setzer
Well, having listened to the original hundreds upon hundreds of times, I've become very used to all the little nuances in the song that made it great. So, all in all the mix was amazing...but I'd say, I was sorta disappointed that there wasn't a harder bass on the bottom, that's sorta what made the song what it was, the very powerful beat. As well as at the end of every little trumpet riff, to have a loud cymbal crash. I was soooo sad that wasn't in there, it sorta killed the whole climax of the song.

But I mean, the quality is ungodly regardless. I'm shocked this wasn't just taken from some soundtrack. hehehe
Old 07-17-2003, 03:22 PM
Joe Musashi (+7000)

What a fine morning. I wake up, have my coffee and check the site. And what do I find? A Jeremy Robson arrangement. And I got all excited.

This guy has done some of the most amazing orchestral work I have ever heard. I've been following his stuff for a few years now, and I have yet to be disappointed. His track "A Falcon, a Whale and an Unknown Land" is one of my favorite orchestral pieces of all time.

But enough about that. What of this new arrangement?

I love this piece. There is so much power in it, but no single part ever becomes overpowering. The horns are used quite well and build the tension and excitement while the strings help hold it up.

The piece builds wonderfully, becoming more intense, and leading up to a wonderful break. Then after the break, the sudden silence fills up very slowly and peacefully, but the final twenty seconds are a bit eerie, giving little satisfaction and bringing up the feeling that all is not quite well.

So, Jeremy. How's that reworking of your Locke piece coming?

But that's cool.
Old 07-17-2003, 04:06 PM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Send a message via AIM to pixlz
what can i say except..... i *want* part II, nooooooooooooow

man. absolutely incredible.
Old 07-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Damn. If I had never even heard of Final Fantasy I would swear that this was from a Star Wars soundstrack. It sound exactly like it would be. Fantastic job.^_^

Tags
brass, cinematic, classical, epic, orchestral, strings, solemn