ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on patreon

Sponsors: Bart Verbeek, Cynical Brit, Matt (aka Antidragon), Michael Beauchamp, Wesley "Bahamut" Cho.. + hundreds of supporters! Thanks!!

Old 07-19-2003, 07:31 AM
Steven Rowe
Red Mage (+400)

This has to be the most incredible piece of work to hit OCR in GOD KNOWS HOW LONG. ..This is the kind of music I look forward to hearing, but never quite see on the site.. Very good work Jeremy Robson, VERY, VERY good work. This was a masterful piece of work, and I simply cannot put any more hype behind it.. You just need to hear it for yourself, this is GODLY. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:59 AM
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)

When I read the write-up about this song, I noticed that there was some question as to the origin of this piece and whether it came from an orchestral album or not. I feel that it should have. This song is downright amazing, and it surpasses the quality of many songs on the Final Fantasy arranged albums. It has this cinematic quality that no FF 7 arranged song on a professional album ever boasted. (Of course, there were only ever 3 arrannged songs on the FF Reunion Tracks album to begin with) This is a stunning piece of music that no one should miss. Download it NOW.
Old 07-19-2003, 04:06 PM
Gray Alexander
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I have to agree with some of what Russell said. For me some parts simply were chaotic in a bad way. It just sounded disorienting. Little issues aside, this is still a great piece of work. Great knowledge of orchestration is displayed. I would have liked more of a personal touch as others have mentioned, but the overall quality of this mix can't be denied. Well done.
Old 07-19-2003, 06:29 PM
Haroon Piracha
Bad Dude (+500)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I listen to these arrangements all the time, but this is something else, I LOVE the intro, oooh my god, I just wish they made the intro like THAT, but when the main melody hits, .... no, ..... at 1:36 ... no that part is suppose to be more ... I dunno .. more .. KABOOM! just sorta ruined the song, but afterwords, I realise that the songs could have been much more, with ... drums? sound fx? SOMETHING MORE CREATIVE THAN WHAT I HEAR, UGH, this is why I havent remixed songs like these, cause if you dont add the right touch to the song, it dosent sound appealing, AAH! I hear it, at 3:46! DRUMS LIKE THAT! ooh but it leaves soo quickly, damn, but, this exit is nice, it sooth's down, I like.

now in all honesty, this is a good song, but, .. I dont think this sound would go good without drums. p.s., too much reverb.
Old 07-19-2003, 06:38 PM
Doug Arley
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

In short:

Strings are decent for most part.

Brass is horrid throughout.

Intro is nice.

Outro is nice.

Piano is OK.

Song could be a straight midi rip if you ask me...

This song gets.

1 wierd face, and..

<3 <3 < / 2.5 hearts
Old 07-19-2003, 08:46 PM
Haroon Piracha
Bad Dude (+500)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrid
Hehe, Uematsu would probably even agree that this is extremely nice. So, when's Part II? :o
aah, no!
So, when IS Part II?
Old 07-19-2003, 11:38 PM
Evil Ryu (+1800)

Send a message via AIM to OmegaPhoenix128 Send a message via MSN to OmegaPhoenix128
Amazing. I like how it goes. Sooo

Nice. :D

Much older sig that was made for me a while back
Woot!
Old 07-19-2003, 11:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to skyliner75 Send a message via MSN to skyliner75 Send a message via Yahoo to skyliner75
Whoa!!

Oh man, this mix is amazing. Im a violist and have played in many big works, but never have i heard of game music being turned into such a powerful arrangement

The Tranquil start, held strings and different instruments holding the tune, starting with a flute, building with the rest of the orchestra - much like Mahler's 1st.

Amazing finish, and above all the mix of the different themes in the game (i.e, Cid's to start) is amazing.

I cant wait for the 2nd part of this work!!! :D :D
Old 07-19-2003, 11:57 PM
Red Mage (+400)

this is of professional quality. i am astounded. i gotta hear more from this guy, and soon!
"I say that a love not blessed by society is always harder. I cannot deny what exists. It's convenient for a lot of people, but it's a disrespect of the truth. It's a simple education of life. Life is a lot larger than what people think." -- Ang Lee
Old 07-20-2003, 04:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to Musicman
I like this alot. I have been waiting to hear a decent arrangement of Bombing Mission. I enjoy listening to it. Uematsu would love this arrangement.

Tags
brass, cinematic, classical, dramatic, epic, orchestral, strings