ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on PATREON!!

Old 09-24-2004, 03:32 AM
David W. Lloyd, Administrator
Ganon (+8000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

OCR01246 - Secret of Evermore 'Anachronism'

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

djpretzel / www.ocremix.org / www.djpretzel.com / anime mixes
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:39 AM
Luigi (+2000)

Send a message via AIM to jordex Send a message via MSN to jordex
Hmm... Its slow at first, I'm waiting for the main melody then I realize that this is it. This song really doesn't show or build up any emotion, as much as it is cool, I'm just not feeling it... Know what I mean? It feels like there's no story behind this piece.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:42 AM
Goomba (+100)

Send a message via AIM to Phil1450
I felt there was a lot of story behind this piece, actually. I kept thinking of Zelda OOT and running across the field. Just seems like a big adventure. Well, anyway, I'm totally diggin' it. :D
Old 09-24-2004, 03:56 AM
David Hsu
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Dude, this stuff is tite yo.

Ya'll best recognize.

<Bleck> Neblix I will punch you in the soul
Old 09-24-2004, 03:58 AM

Wow, i love this mix (then again, i love most piano remix's =/)

But, it just puts me in a relaxed state of mind. I really enjoy it .

Great remix man, keep it up :D
Old 09-24-2004, 04:15 AM
Ravi
Chrono (+800)

Ethereal.

I enjoyed this, and you know its a quality piano solo if Dhsu represents. Keep mixin em up for us Shnabubula.
This is excessively boring to listen to. I cannot imagine how it could not be boring to create.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:26 AM
Eggplant Wizard (+300)

People! Recognize technical beauty when you hear it! This is freedom personified into musical form! Freedom to fly, to soar... freedom to rest, to sleep... freedom to appreciate life. Try what Pretzel says and tap your foot or nod your head to the rythym. You can do it for short periods of time, but then it always breaks out, but does so in a way that maintains musical form and precision.

This is entrancing, enthralling, beautiful. This song has soul. It has a story, a tale to tell, and it paints a fluid picture in my mind. Waterfalls and streams and sea and sky...

At the same time it is incredibly precious, and horribly cruel. Not for the bouncing about it does with timing and beats, which is beautiful in and of itself, but because it builds and builds and builds and then drops you at the end, leaving you panting for more! "There should be another verse," I cry! But somehow, I feel that this too was intentional. It's like ending a message with an elipsis... there's more, it says, but I'll leave it to your imagination.

Cruel, but still profound.

This is good.
]?a[p+=a[p+=q]=q]=q:0:0;for(;q++-1817;)printf(q%79?"%c":"%c\n"," #"[!a[q-1]]);}
Old 09-24-2004, 04:34 AM
Jeremy Robson
Abobo (+600)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordex
This song really doesn't show or build up any emotion, as much as it is cool, I'm just not feeling it... Know what I mean? It feels like there's no story behind this piece.
Yes, that is the point of impressionism in music. The piece is supposed to be isolated from the artist's emotions, and instead "paint colors". This is always tricky, though, and sometimes a work can end up sounding sentimental, and maybe even sad at times, but that should never be the final goal. There’s definitely no story, because this isn’t programmatic music. It is “pure” music, and rightly so.

I am very impressed with this piece. Shnabubula has nailed the style perfectly, and that’s all there is too it. The accompaniment, harmonies, dissonances, and dynamics all seem to come together to make something enjoyable, especially considering the melodies consist of variations on music from SoE. The part at 3:00 leading into the next section was also quite delightful.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:55 AM
David Hesselbom, Mascot Bio Project Co-Editor & Director
Mother Brain (+4000)

Send a message via AIM to Dafydd Send a message via MSN to Dafydd
It just so happens that Jeremy Soule is himself a pianist. I'm sure he'd be glad to hear this.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:33 AM
Red Mage (+400)

Send a message via AIM to Rhombus
Fantastic work here from Shnabubula. Jazz is definitely an underrepresented genre in the remix scene, and it looks like that's starting to change. Between this piece, and Shnabubula's other recent remix (a great jazz piano FF9 mix over at vgmix), it looks like jazz is finally starting to get some loveage. Shnabubula obviously can really play some piano, and knows his jazz theory and comp. It's also really great to see some coverage of SoE... not just one of my favorite soundtracks, but one of my favorite games. Cool stuff.

"This whole war could have been averted. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this."

Tags
piano, solo