OCR00081 - Super Mario Bros. "Super Jungle Brothers"

• 1 month later...

This is truly a VERY well-done mix. Sure, it's the main theme, but it's the main theme DONE WELL! Hampton truly does an amazing job making this mix. Everything flows absolutely PERFECTLY! This is up there on my all time favorites list! If you don't have it, I don't know why you're still reading this, GO GET IT! :)

• 2 months later...
:arrow: Folks, THIS is a remix done right. Not much more I can say. It's just SO good. excellent drums. Subtle, however present remix combined with an excelent choice of leads just bring this mix right home. Anyone who would even think of making their own mix should sit with this one a couple of hours and make a list of what makes this mix one of the best ever

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one's alright, but I think djp overrated another. There are simply better smb remixes out there. There's (them) techno effects everywhere to be seen, but they seem to be used to give an excuse to derivate the melody for the purose of extending it. The rest of the instrumentation is wonderfully accomplished, however. I recommend it, but not very strongly. 5/8

• 5 months later...

Hmmm... Well, it's exactly what it says it is:

A Jungle ReMix.

It's very synthy.... and basically repeats the main melody over and over synth jungle style. It sometimes changes keys, but it really could use some variety.

As stands, it's not bad, but it doesn't really stand out to me as anything special.

Edit: Alright, listening to it again, I have to give him Sound Effects and Drum Credits. He obviously worked hard on those, and they are quite good. All other comments stick though. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

When I saw Jungle Remix I thought "finally, I've been waiting for a decent DnB remix!"

Then I realized this isn't DnB/Jungle at ALL. In fact,almost no one here can probably tell me what DnB or Jungle is because this sure as hell ain't it. To be honest this is just a boring remix with a boring amen, I don't see how this got past evaluation.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Yep, not a groundbreaking arrangement, but the bar for interpretation was a lot lower at the time with OCR being less than a year old. That said, Chris did a great job achieving a more personalized, unique sound for the theme, which is why it earned its place in ye olden days. A conservative, but still fun spin on a classic.

• 2 years later...

Well, this is about as straightforward as it gets, really. It is pretty close to the original, but there is some personalization with the drums and beats, so it has a little something to separate it from the Mario theme. It's not bad, and I even like it because it's basically a spruced up version of the original, but you can definitely see the standards change when looking at this compared to a couple years later.

• 1 year later...

I mean, for something so conservative and simple, it at least sounds fine. Production-wise, this could be OCR01081. There's some flashes of what this could have been, towards the end especially where it goes off the rails a bit, and I'm disappointed that it didn't take more of those risks. Or any other risks (although the key change was sorta neat I guess). Then again I guess not every Overworld remix can be Dirty Mix :v (... nor should they be! as fun as that would have been).

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00081 - Super Mario Bros. "Super Jungle Brothers"