Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

I know nothing about Brawl, but it seemed Sheik in that video was always blindly diving towards Marth and subsequently getting SMAAAAASHED - really all of Marth's KOs were caused by Sheik being careless and running/falling right in front of Marth when he's got a smash attack (or Standard Special move?) half charged up. That video didn't tell me much about how good those characters are... Marth DOES look like a fierce edge guarder though. And Marth in a flowing white gown- er, cape, makes Sheik in black look so badass =p

All the Final Destination videos I've seen have that same song; are there other songs you can use for this stage, or is that one just the best??

also i am really starting to like snake

he is tricky!

best projectile game like ever

And speaking of projectiles: since it looks like Sakurai's going to wait another few weeks for the Samus Special Moves update; how are Samus's projectiles this time around? And what's the story with the green Super Missiles? =D I'll be slightly disappointed if Samus's "projectile game" isn't strong, seeing as how her defining trait is that HER ARM IS A GUN.

I'm also curious how Jigglypuff's defining trait is doing: how's the singing move this time around?

I know nothing about Brawl, but it seemed Sheik in that video was always blindly diving towards Marth and subsequently getting SMAAAAASHED - really all of Marth's KOs were caused by Sheik being careless and running/falling right in front of Marth when he's got a smash attack (or Standard Special move?) half charged up. That video didn't tell me much about how good those characters are... Marth DOES look like a fierce edge guarder though. And Marth in a flowing white gown- er, cape, makes Sheik in black look so badass =p

All the Final Destination videos I've seen have that same song; are there other songs you can use for this stage, or is that one just the best??

And speaking of projectiles: since it looks like Sakurai's going to wait another few weeks for the Samus Special Moves update; how are Samus's projectiles this time around? And what's the story with the green Super Missiles? =D I'll be slightly disappointed if Samus's "projectile game" isn't strong, seeing as how her defining trait is that HER ARM IS A GUN.

I'm also curious how Jigglypuff's defining trait is doing: how's the singing move this time around?

i have 4 songs for final d

i think 3 are from melee

samus has a good projectile game

the green missiles are when you smash side b they go straight much faster and are stronger

sing is still useless and rest is now useless

You can still rising pound, it's just not as good.

I was a Falco main Jiggs alt in melee, and I cannot stand either in Brawl. I do like Meta Knight (great edgeguarding, many jumps) and Wario (good aerials, awesome air control, insane recovery with the bike) as Jigglypuff "replacements" though.

Okay, Rest may not kill anymore at, like, 35% or whatever, but it can star KO at around 75% or so, depending on your opponent's weight. It still kills really well, off the top. How is that WORSE, really, when everyone lives longer ANYWAY? Plus, it puts a flower on their head for added damage if they don't get KOed. ALSO, because she herself is larger, the hitbox for Rest is much larger and easier to hit with. AND she wakes up faster.

How is that worse, overall?

From the old Jiggly pros on Smashboards, apparently her Fair is her new spammable aerial.

Also, lol, don't let Jiggs get a fan! http://ca._______.com/watch?v=T6Lex47I7SI (insert "youtube" to watch [FUCKING BOARDS])

Rest does more damage (if you include the Damage over Time flower it puts on the opponent's head) but less knockback.

Jiggs really needs rest knockback more than she needs rest damage.

Drack why haven't we played yet?

I've been pretty busy with schoolwork.

Also I never added you to AIM so we've never really been in contact.

Fixed the second problem, but the first isn't going away for a while.

And here's the biggest showstopper ever. Your friend code isn't in the database!

Rest does more damage (if you include the Damage over Time flower it puts on the opponent's head) but less knockback.

Jiggs really needs rest knockback more than she needs rest damage.

I've been pretty busy with schoolwork.

Also I never added you to AIM so we've never really been in contact.

Fixed the second problem, but the first isn't going away for a while.

And here's the biggest showstopper ever. Your friend code isn't in the database!

Oh um. About the database thing. I dunno. I get the feeling I'm going to get a bunch of challengers wanting to prove something about to me about their Smash ability when I just don't really care that much at who's better. I still have a bunch of Melee challenges from out of state still in pending... -_-

So I walked down to EBGames the other day, and I saw posters for a SSBB tournament they're having in april; the winner goes to Nintendo world in New York. I want to enter! whee!

ahem. Anyways, since you guys HAVE been in tournaments before, anything I should watch out for or train for?

P.S. I don't actually expect to win, but I don't want to lose my first match either, lol.

If you don't have Brawl, how can you train for any of this? Anyways, I'm guessing it's going to be the initial characters? They're all pretty good initial characters... except for Yoshi. -_- Just play smart and play to win if that's what you want...

Edit: Here are a few photos I took of Sakurai before his presentation at Game Developer's Conference at San Francisco.

sakurai_1.jpg

sakurai_2.jpg

sakurai_3.jpg

He took a photo of me taking a photo of him, lol.