Sign in to follow this  
Arek the Absolute

Super Smash Bros Brawl

pc chris is pretty good

he might even be able to beat me you guys

i mean maybe. i don't have a lot of tournament experience but i beat my friend who plays halo and halo is a lot like smash because they are both video games

so i'll probably win

pc chris is pretty good

he might even be able to beat me you guys

i mean maybe. i don't have a lot of tournament experience but i beat my friend who plays halo and halo is a lot like smash because they are both video games

so i'll probably win

...Good luck... [steps back even further]

By the way, I have been in several tournaments and co-hosted some. Not that it gives me any credit or merit; just replying to your sarcasm.

:?:

How did you miss the point of his post!?

YOU MAKE ME WANT TO EAT MY HAT FOR ALL REASONS RAGE RELATED.

What could I possibly be doing wrong at this current moment? It makes no sense to be so enraged when I am doing absolutely nothing to provoke you. No, I was not bragging. dP was saying (in jest) that I never had any tournament experience, but I said that I actually have. How could that possibly make you mad? You don't have to regard me if you can't stand me.

:?

:-(

Talking to me? I'm being polite here, dude. Besides, I can't see Arek's posts (if you weren't talking to me, please ignore this). All I remember was a bunch of stuff about arrogance, and... do I need a video or audio file to give off the right vibe? Calm down.

Once again, if you are not talking to me, ignore this.

From what I can tell, you (Salluz) have been claiming you're good, and then others ask you to put up or shut up, and then you run away from the challenge.

You've brought all of this animosity to yourself.

Also, please stop abusing the report post button.

:?:

What could I possibly be doing wrong at this current moment? It makes no sense to be so enraged when I am doing absolutely nothing to provoke you. No, I was not bragging. dP was saying (in jest) that I never had any tournament experience, but I said that I actually have. How could that possibly make you mad? You don't have to regard me if you can't stand me.

:?

:-(

Talking to me? I'm being polite here, dude. Besides, I can't see Arek's posts (if you weren't talking to me, please ignore this). All I remember was a bunch of stuff about arrogance, and... do I need a video or audio file to give off the right vibe? Calm down.

Once again, if you are not talking to me, ignore this.

just in case he ignores this anyway, i'm going to chime in and say he was totally talking to you

my point wasn't that you didn't have any tournament experience. it's that you've got no credibility and you, for some reason, didn't seem to think that you'd get 100% of your ass pounded by pc chris, one of the best smashers

also, that you thought it somehow mattered if you could beat your friends. i can beat all of my real life friends consistently at smash and i get ruined at brawl (and i most likely would at melee as well) by like everyone else in this thread

(except you)

for some reason, didn't seem to think that you'd get 100% of your ass pounded by pc chris, one of the best smashers
I never, ever said that I could beat him. That's why I stepped back.
From what I can tell, you (Salluz) have been claiming you're good, and then others ask you to put up or shut up, and then you run away from the challenge.

You've brought all of this animosity to yourself.

Oh, okay. I am not running from the challenge; I DO NOT HAVE A WII. I "shutted up" as you would call it. I do not know why GT and Arek are throwing fits. I am not even talking mess!

Well, that was a while ago when I was like "OMG I AM GUD". Yeah, I was just trying to get some competition when I planned to buy a Wii, but it didn't happen. I started reporting posts because I will no longer take abuse from other members. I'm sorry, I won't abuse the report button.

Everyone else: Look, people, I am NOT trying to argue my case on whether I am good or not. That subject is closed and will be resolved when the time comes. Even if I lose, that doesn't mean anything but that. It's a damn game, so stop crying.

So I hosted a brawl tournament on Saturday as part of the Gaming Club's LAN party. I didn't choose brawl, the officers did... Anyway, so in the rules I told people to bring a copy of melee and a memory card so we could have free play before and after the actual tournament. I knew that Adam (LoZR is his tag) was coming, as he is friends, and went to the same school, as a friend of mine. So I put in melee. And was playing it when he arrived. Now, for those of you who don't know, he is easily #1 in NC in melee. Absolutely amazing at this game. I'm no pushover myself as I have lots of experience both with friends and tournaments, but damn. He is so good. I saw him 3 or 4 stock a fox with PICHU a YEAR AGO. And he's gotten better. He has so much experience with this game that he knows what will work in a given situation, massive (i.e. fast) response time, and flawless execution (or at least I didn't see any errors). And I love fighting him, even though I know I am going to lose. I am at my best when playing someone better than me, as when I play someone worse, I "level adjust" without thinking and mess up a lot and don't think clearly for some reason. My highlight of the day was taking a stock from him before he could take mine (it was FFA and we were the last 2, 2 stocks each, but I was at 148% he was at 0%). I was falco, I believe he was falcon.

The next LAN will likely be melee (I'm fighting tooth and nail for it), and I can't wait to play him again.

He is so good. I saw him 3 or 4 stock a fox with PICHU a YEAR AGO.

:shock: Ok, maybe Kirby or Pikachu, but PICHU? Ooooh...

hey this has been a fun couple of pages

im gonna go smoke :lmassoff:

i want more funny material when i get back

Sure, no problem; it's my day off OMG I'M BEING ARROGANT! I AM TALKING ABOUT MYSELF!

Happy news for GT and Arek: I am not claiming that I am better than you. I will post nothing but videos from now on (unless I am responding to something like what Sengin said, or a vid reply), but when I get a Wii, I will challenge you online. No hard feelings? Remember, it's just a game. No more yelling at me and calling me names.

Oh. My. God.

If anyone here can beat PC Chris, I will eat my hat.*

*Meaning I won't be eating any hats anytime soon.

Get that hat ready, boy!

Seriously though, Salluz: You suck. Alot. But that's okay, we ALL really sucked at one point or another. Don't take it as a personal attack, because it's not. It's simply a statement of facts. Objectively, that's probably one of the worst videos of a Ness I've ever seen, and your Peach post demonstrates that you want to understand the game and build constructively on that knowledge, but you're a long way from being at that point.

What Arek, G-T (and Atma, LOL) and I are trying to get you to understand is that you must first know what you are talking about before you can tell it to someone else. Like I said, I'm no expert at this game; everything I say is readily available in several publicly accessible places on the internet. READ THEM. Instead of uploading your videos, ask where you can find good videos to emulate good habits. Do you know what a double-jump cancel is? If so, why didn't you do it a single time as Ness?

It's a corny cliche, but before you can get better, you have to admit how terrible you are. I don't mean you personally, I mean "you" in the general sense. Check out this post by Mew2King from 2002 (note: if you can't tell why this is a hilariously bad post, then you're nowhere near ready):

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=350328&postcount=1

If Mew2King had maintained that attitude, he would not be the best player in the world right now. He had a losing attitude back then, and had to admit that and then work hard to get better. We've all had to do that, and have had varying degrees of success to be sure, but we're all better than we used to be. There is no possible way ever that you could ever hope to beat PC in a match. Ever.

That's your starting point.

Yes, I learn form others, which is why I asked everyone for vids.

There is no possible way ever that you could ever hope to beat PC in a match.
I never said that I could, and no, I'm not bitching.
Seriously though, Salluz: You suck. Alot. But that's okay, we ALL really sucked at one point or another. Don't take it as a personal attack, because it's not. It's simply a statement of facts. Objectively, that's probably one of the worst videos of a Ness I've ever seen, and your Peach post demonstrates that you want to understand the game and build constructively on that knowledge, but you're a long way from being at that point.

I'm not bothered, considering that I am out-of-touch. Still, I am not a newbie, for I have been constantly playing since 2005. I know some of the terminology, and yes, I suck hard with Ness.

New vid (let me know if it's still processing).

As aforementioned, I am not that good with team Melee/Brawl. I will begin a one-on-one now.

Really. I think you've already sent 8. Don't.

Everyone trolling Salluz, I definitely don't care about the specifics of what's going on here, because your posts are just as annoying. Figure out a way to ignore him or be civil or you'll be banned.

Get that hat ready, boy!

What Arek, G-T (and Atma, LOL) and I are trying to get you to understand is that you must first know what you are talking about before you can tell it to someone else. Like I said, I'm no expert at this game; everything I say is readily available in several publicly accessible places on the internet. READ THEM. Instead of uploading your videos, ask where you can find good videos to emulate good habits. Do you know what a double-jump cancel is? If so, why didn't you do it a single time as Ness?

It's a corny cliche, but before you can get better, you have to admit how terrible you are. I don't mean you personally, I mean "you" in the general sense. Check out this post by Mew2King from 2002 (note: if you can't tell why this is a hilariously bad post, then you're nowhere near ready):

If Mew2King had maintained that attitude, he would not be the best player in the world right now. He had a losing attitude back then, and had to admit that and then work hard to get better. We've all had to do that, and have had varying degrees of success to be sure, but we're all better than we used to be. There is no possible way ever that you could ever hope to beat PC in a match. Ever.

This.

Probably how I should have said it to begin with. I'm not exactly cheerful when I have to go to work at 6 AM while being sick. With that aside I think I should stop posting like I care about Brawl, because, for those that don't know, Jam and myself don't even like this game anymore on a competitive level. I think the only decent player here that still likes this game is Arek.

I'm taking a FAT nap so I'm not nearly as cranky.

This.

Understood.

I'm taking a FAT nap so I'm not nearly as cranky.
I have a bad case of insomnia, so I've been a grouch myself. In fact, I couldn't sleep in the AM hours.

Got a better one. AGAIN. Just wait.

Edit: HERE.

And look how far he has come. (Mew2King is marth) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXWfubQPwB4&feature=related

Yes, I will find any excuse to post good melee videos.

<M2K's post>

Ahahahaha. If I didn't see the date, I would have thought he started that thread because of a recent surge of noobs asking dumb questions and posting very-well-known facts about melee and not because he was actually posting that. Hell, I STILL read that entire post as sarcasm.

salluz arek jam get a chat room godammit

who here have accounts on smashboards, and what are you usernames? I just joined, Ive been watching videos like crazy, i think ive gotten better without actually playing the game.

salluz arek jam get a chat room godammit

who here have accounts on smashboards, and what are you usernames? I just joined, Ive been watching videos like crazy, i think ive gotten better without actually playing the game.

Well, what did you think of my second vid? The Sheik vs Luigi one?

Mine's the same there as it is here. But I haven't posted in a long damn time. Most of it is in the Roy boards (or what became the Roy boards before there were char-specific boards), funny enough, because I liked Roy (myself and MookieRah would talk over AIM to how to bring Roy to his most-apt mid-tier position skill :P) and did a lot to educate others (both "ROY IS AWESOME HE HAS TEH FIRE!!" and "ROY SUCKS").

Well, what did you think of my second vid? The Sheik vs Luigi one?

I was never good at melee, but I'll tell you what i can. you need to short hop more, if your having trouble with that just sit down for like an hour and practice nailing a short hop then regular jump over and over. next, stop using shiek, she is a god in melee and those two hit ground to air combos were nothing special. youve got the basics down and are ready to move on, so just watch videos upon videos, i suggest smashboards for those, to get better. or just play brawl