OCR00956 - Final Fantasy VII "Cid Sends a Dream to the Undersea Palace"

djpretzel

yeah i liked this remix, its in my kazaa lite folder for listening now ;)

hmm , about half way through you use a piano , it sounds like its gonna be the music when the shinra rocket is blasting off but its not.

Maybe you should try the the shinra rocket blasting off. just make the tublar bell sound a piano and see how it sounds *shrugs*

Like everyone else, I find that your composition is great, Star, and the melding of the two tunes is good.

However, I seem to be the odd man out, in that I really didn't want the Orchestrated Cid's theme to stop..

It's not that I have anything against Techno, Trance, or the Undersea Palace theme (Which I all like), but I thought that the first part of this mix was just fantastic, and I would have liked to have seen what would have happened if you only used Cid's theme, and left off the Palace theme and Techno altogether. Or even, leave the techno in, but only use Cid's theme song.

Again, I enjoy your mix immensely, it's playing in the background from my hard drive as I type this. Good work, and thanks for the music :)

yeah i liked this remix, its in my kazaa lite folder for listening now ;)

hmm , about half way through you use a piano , it sounds like its gonna be the music when the shinra rocket is blasting off but its not.

Maybe you should try the the shinra rocket blasting off. just make the tublar bell sound a piano and see how it sounds *shrugs*

I just noticed that there might be some confusion. DJP didnt mention that the second half of this song is from chrono trigger. So in case any of you are ridiculously funcused, the second part is the Undersea Palace theme from Chrono Trigger.

Overall, quite a nice song. Excellent transition there between songs, it actually took me a moment to notice that it had moved into my favorite Chrono Trigger song. I don't think too much of the techno - it kind of sits there, playing the same boops and beeps, and is rather overstated in my opinion. Personally I'd like it better if those strings and such were brought in more, with the beeps and boops somewhat muted.

The drum patterns towards the latter portion of the song are kinda stale. Top hat, kick drum, top hat, kick drum/handclap. Tssh-clap-tsh, tssh-clap-tsh. Dun, dun, dun, dun. Countless techno songs utitilize this very same pattern, and it's... old.

So anyway. Push the beep arpeggios to background support, lift up the symphonic goodies to a semi-melody that compliments said arpeggios, institute some diversity in the drum kit, and this would be one of my all-time favorites. As it is, it's just a song I like.

Wow! I can't believe you pulled this off! Well, I can believe you pulled it off, but I can't believe you pulled it off so well! I noticed most people have problems with this mix because they like either classical or techno, but not both. Some people say you shouldn't have put the techno in, and others say you shoulda made the techno part longer. :D I think it's awesome the way it is, and is incredibly well done. I think it's good to see such a good batch of new remixes. Some of the best remixes I've heard in a long time have come out so recently! It's kind of a shame though that this mix has to be classified either FFVII or CT, even though it's both. But it's so good, anybody looking for a good FFVII shouldn't mind a little CT thrown in. <=)

Normally i give pretty in-depth reviews but its really not needed here, good stuff. My only complaint is there are some volume issues (some isntruments are a bit too dominant) other then that, it sounds awesome. It'd be nice if i could get this encoded at 160kbps instead of 128.

the clarity of the sounds, the mood, and the strong sense of emotion thats portrayed through the mix simply can't be denied. On a more personal level, I was deffinitely diggin' the vibe toward the end of the mix.

I loved especially the trancy part; the transition was flawless... *is listening to the song again*

One thing though: I dont really get the reason for the transition. Is it experimenting, or just because you thought it would sound cool? Because it does, but you kind of lose the feeling of the earlier part of the remix, so to say.

Still, it's one worth keeping on my harddisk. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00956 - Final Fantasy VII "Cid Sends a Dream to the Undersea Palace"