Prayers for bLiNd (UPDATE: He's home)

Jillian Aversa

I hope the best for you. I really do. Please, stay positive. It will help you more than you may think. I have had some serious medical problems in the past, and a positive mindset along with good people can really help. Be well; you're in my thoughts.

Not sure if you've ever heard of "The Secret." You probably have. I actually follow that as well. It is within my beliefs about positiveness. I'm very open about different religions and all paths. I respect them all.

Hey all,

Just 10 minutes ago I was listening to itunes on shuffle, when 'Fading Entity' by bLiNd and Leifo came on. Hearing it reminded me to check OCR to see if any new mixes were posted. I immediately saw this thread under community discussion on the first page and started to feel sick even before I started to read. I've been listening to everyone's mixes for about 5 years now, but never felt a need to sign up and post on the forums.

I joined about 5 minutes ago to say that I'll be wishing for your recovery, bLiNd. You're one of my favorites when it comes to remixing, and I really hope you'll get better soon so you can produce some more amazing mixes for us. You've got alot of people who care about you; stay positive and I'm sure you be back to remxing in no time.

The last time ive spoken to bLiNd was like last month to let him know about how well i was doing in ourstage. I showed him my Tales Of Destiny remix and he really liked it. I discovered him in 05 and every since then he has been my main influence for my music he's a really cool guy and has help me alot in the past and even giving me pointers in how to improve my trance. I hope you pull through man you will be in my prayers.

The last time ive spoken to bLiNd was like last month to let him know about how well i was doing in ourstage. I showed him my Tales Of Destiny remix and he really liked it. I discovered him in 05 and every since then he has been my main influence for my music he's a really cool guy and has help me alot in the past and even giving me pointers in how to improve my trance. I hope you pull through man you will be in my prayers.

I checked out that mix too and it's great. Always wanted to play Tales of Destiny. I bet it's good, right? There are so many RPGs Jordan and I want to play....him and I have a lot on our list together... He's going to pull through.

No prayers from this atheist but instead advice. If the doctors advocate surgery then DO IT and do it now. I have a friend and roommate who had severe ulcerated colitis and struggled with it for around two years. I watched him go from thriving and energetic to a near skeleton. I lived with him for around a year and know as well as anyone how much he suffered, the sheer pain and agony of the condition. My friend in question was, unfortunately, very much into alternative medicines, energy healing, thinking positively; as such he stubbornly refused to have the surgery. Horrible mistake that he payed for with unnecessary suffering. Sure, he'd have upswings in how he felt but he always crashed harder afterward and ended up in the hospital on multiple occasions where, because of his refusal for real medicine, they really couldn't do anything for him other than rehydrate him and send him back home.

Finally it came to the point where the doctors pinned him down and told him that, you either get the surgery or you die. He finally got the surgery. Today he's healthy and thriving again. Sure, now he has a j-pouch and he has to watch what he eats, but he's alive and not in pain. Basically, he suffered unnecessarily for around 2 years because of bad advice from people with good intentions, wishful thinking, and sheer stubbornness. I also feel I'm to blame because every time I wanted to call out the bullshit advice my skeptical heart was overridden by my desire to be respectful of his beliefs. I about respected him into an early grave.

To Mr. Aguirre, the best of health. You can recover from this, just don't waste time on dead ends, please. I've seen this sickness at its worst and seen the afflicted come out alive, well, and happy.

I remember first stumbling on this site, and after consistently checking in, bLIND always has a great mix. I know what it's like for his family to go through something like that. My mom has had 4 heart valve surgeries, and they were incredibly stressful. The last surgery she had they gave her only a 5% chance of living because of not taking blood transfusions. But that was actually for the better, they expected her to be in the hospital for a month. She was out in two weeks, and she's in better health than I've ever seen here my whole life.

On the subject, I hope for nothing but the best. I have no real knowledge of Colitis, but I know it's nothing to not be concerned about.

Hang in there, bLIND.

I'll tell everyone at our church to pray for you! (And trust me some of them never get off thier knees!) Also one of my favorite verses is Philippians 1:3 "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you," - Paul speaking to the believers in Philippi.

Also here are some more:

James 1:4- "But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

"But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Also Psalm 1:3 "And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also SHALL NOT wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."

I think it's pretty clear that you have prospered in your talent God gave you. I don't believe this your time, and I hold firmly to the fact that you SHALL NOT wither. :) God has great plans for you as he does all of us. I will pray for you and "thank God upon every remembrance of you."

In Christ

darkclark

BLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND :(

Hey the guy likes Super Metroid. Let's do a SuperMetroidMiniAlbum for the guy. Tracks don't gotta be long, just at least a minute and a half! Arrange what you want! Anyone can contribute! Get 'em all to me by next Saturday! darkesword at ocremix dot org

If this is a way to do something for bLiNd, I would really want to do something back, even though my remix quality isn't that good. bLiNd has done a lot for me and the community, 'White Skies' is my favorite, I still listen to this awesome song. That was a nice christmas gift (the song was posted at vgmix at the second Christmas Day). I also like many other songs and I'm used to check his site once in a month for updates. Now I'm praying for the recovering from bLiNd. Keep fighting friend!!

Hey the guy likes Super Metroid. Let's do a SuperMetroidMiniAlbum for the guy. Tracks don't gotta be long, just at least a minute and a half! Arrange what you want! Anyone can contribute! Get 'em all to me by next Saturday! darkesword at ocremix dot org

Oh My goodness.... this is incredible. I am blown away. The Super Metroid soundtrack is one of the best ever created and Jordan loves it a lot. He will honor this gift. What are you going to call it?

bLiNd was one of the first members of the OCR community I had the pleasure of interacting with outside of the forums. He instant messaged me out of the blue on AIM and we got into an hour discussion about remixes and each other's day-to-day lives. He let me hear his work-in-progress version of the Temple theme from Zelda II. It was, and still is, awesome, as is the rest of his work. That little chat really struck me with not only how talented Jordan was, but also how friendly and humble. He'll be in my thoughts, and I'll be sending him some good energy.

It's the thought that counts! Give it a shot! It doesn't even have to be super-long, maybe 1:30-3:00.

Hey DarkeSword, this is really incredible. I think it may work. I'd really like to request Leifo, Virt (if possible which I'm not even sure if it could happen), pixietricks, Zircon, Beatdrop, djpretzel, Big Giant Circles, Liontamer, and many others I can't think right now to be apart of it. Please give me the updates about it.

Hmm... do you mind MIDI rip ish tracks?

Hey DarkeSword, this is really incredible. I think it may work. I'd really like to request Leifo, Virt (if possible which I'm not even sure if it could happen), pixietricks, Zircon, Beatdrop, djpretzel, Big Giant Circles, Liontamer, and many others I can't think right now to be apart of it. Please give me the updates about it.

That's a tall order. I'll see what I can do.