Square Enix DKΣ3713 Private Party

NeoForte

So square is having this neat little private party this weekend in japan where they are showing off lots of goodies. A few things caught my attention of people who have posted updates and here they are:

- The 3rd Birthday will be on the PSP as well. Nomura's team will be working on it. FUCK YES!

- The Dissidia special download contents at the event is a Dissidia PSP Custom Theme.

- KINGDOM HEARTS coded (mobile) has a release window of Winter 2008.

- The FFXIII demo will be included in FFVIIACC, as will trailers for VersusXIII and AgitoXIII: http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1217141_1124.html

- There will also be a FFVIIACC PS3 bundle. The release will be in March 2009.

- FF AgitoXIII will also be released on the PSP, no release window. The 3rd Birthday PSP will be out in 2009.

- FF VersusXIII's trailer says "Playstation3 only Worldwide".

- Dissidia PSP bundle confirmed. Release date will be in Dec 2008.

- KH DS is "this winter" without the 2008, so maybe early 2009.

- KH PSP is 2009.

- VersusXIII with have a fashion collaboration with the ROEN fashion branding. The characters in the game will all be wearing ROEN fashion designs. Expensive taste!

Trailer news:

- Apparently Exdeath, Golbez, Kefka and Sephiroth are all part of the new Dissidia trailer

- The No.14 in KH DS is called Shion (Xion?) and looks like Kairi.

- Aqua in KH PSP is apparently voiced by Megumi Toyoguchi.

NOTE: Not my list or info, gotten from this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329668

Personally PE3 and FFXIII Agito are for PSP. I'm so glad we won't be missing out on those titles cause of stupid decision to make them for cell. I am hoping FFIV: The After gets ported to DS or WiiWare or something as well. FFXIII demo in Advent Children Blu-Ray was quite a nice news bit. Anyway discussion :D

This is just a casual observation from someone who has played little in the way FF or KH games over the years, but it would be nice to see something else get sequels. If they're going to squeeze franchise teats until they're milked dry and left raw, they could at least try tugging on the Einhander teat once in a while. Or, since they bought Taito, the Darius one. Or hell, get wild and make Taito Legends 3 finally happen.

It's great that they're making what amounts to Parasite Eve 3, and keeping all the FF fanatics happy, and all that. But...

This is just a casual observation from someone who has played little in the way FF or KH games over the years, but it would be nice to see something else get sequels. If they're going to squeeze franchise teats until they're milked dry and left raw, they could at least try tugging on the Einhander teat once in a while. Or, since they bought Taito, the Darius one. Or hell, get wild and make Taito Legends 3 finally happen.

It's great that they're making what amounts to Parasite Eve 3, and keeping all the FF fanatics happy, and all that. But...

I think Parasite Eve 3 is a wonderful idea and am happy it's coming. I'm going to have to invest in a PSP and DS now...

As for sequels for non-RPGs, I'm pretty sure SE has gone the way of niche marketing. There are plenty of other space shooters, and SE hasn't developed one in quite a while. Given that, I would be surprised if they developed such a title in-house and it didn't suck. RPGs are what they know and do. They can be counted on for that. Just like other companies can be counted on for space shooters.

- The 3rd Birthday will be on the PSP as well. Nomura's team will be working on it. FUCK YES!

Only reason I'm willing to accept his involvement is because he isn't directing it and he did the character designs for the first two games. I'm growing tired of Nomura as a game director.

I'm still wondering what Square-Enix meant when they said they're "putting the ball back in Sony's favor."

From what I can tell, we already knew about all of that stuff, save for PE3 and Agito going to the PSP which makes me really excited admittedly. Everything else is pretty cool, but nothing mind-shattering.

A FFXIII demo being packaged with Advent Children Complete? Yippee. I'm more excited about ACC than the actual thing.

As for Versus PS3-only? That won't last for too long being as it makes little sense to do that now.