Toonami is dead

Sig Nuka

Let's see, Samurai Jack... good. Never got to see it much.

Fosters.... LAME!

Eddy's...Wanted to tare my eyes out.

tom and jerry...for some reason I thought tom would win at some point. But since jerry is the dishonorable one and always wins, I stopped liking it.

IGPX....awesome

Sailor moon....didn't like. TOo girly for me.

Ronin Warriors...liked it a lot

gundam whatever... most were pretty good. There was one where the gundams were kidsized though. that one was dumb.

Kenshin... was good until they finally killed Shishio(sp) then it was fillers till episode ninty some. The Jesus wannabe didn't hold my interest.

Outlaw star... one of the best shows to ever hit TV. It's too bad they didn't make another season.

Megas XLR... too many reruns. But it was good the first few times I saw an episode.

DBZ...Liked it. and team four star is doing a pretty good job at their abridged series. Check it out on youtube if you want.

Billy & Mandy... Wanted break my tv when it came on. Hated it so much.

Courage...I almost felt like I had to like it. But man it was annoying.

Tim and Eric....wanted to puke

Mole men....wanted to puke even more

bobobo...can jump off a cliff

G-force...I liked it when it was on

Chowdar...Can't stand it.

Several other's I didn't mention

I guess I only care for more mature cartoon and really don't like the young kid stuff.

Now go ahead...flame me for this list.

Not a matter of flaming, or it being mature. It sounds like you were just more into action and anime than American comedy cartoons. Fosters, Ed Edd and Eddy, and Courage the Cowardly Dog are all amazing, and have a lot in them that kids don't pick up on. I miss Courage, so much.

It's not just anime for you, but specifically the anime where there's a lot of poorly drawn action sequences and extended dramatic macho crap (not that it's bad, it's just what you seem to like).

I'd be happy if they went back to the old cartoons from back in the day, things like Dexter's Lab and I Am Weasel.

Fosters is one thing, but Triple E is hard to hate.

Can somebody please tell me what makes Fosters so original, other than the imaginary friend thing? How is the humor anything deeper than slapstick, bathroom gags and 30 year old sitcom plots translated for the modern generation?

Let's see, Samurai Jack... Pretty much one of the most amazing things to ever grace American TV.

Fosters.... I wouldn't be too thrilled if they brought it back, but it was a nice way to kill some time when there was nothing else on.

Ed, Edd n Eddy... A lot of the humor here is going to go way over younger viewer's heads. Quite a fair bit of fourth-wall straining and references to popular culture of days gone past..

Tom & Jerry... This has been around since my dad was a child. He laughed, I laughed, we moved on.

Immortal Grand Prix... Hey look, another show about giant robots that aren't that giant, and this time they're RACING! YAY! </sarcasm>

Sailor Moon... I watched this when I was younger. For some reason. Maybe because it came on before Reboot.

Ronin Warriors... Watched it for nostalgia. Was my standard after-school fare for awhile.

Gundam, Gundam Wing, G-Gundam, SeeD, SD Gundam... I don't know why they'd want to make a show about super-deformed robots based on previous incarnations of the titular machines. SeeD needs a shot of Quit Being A Whiny Bitch, Kira. G-Gundam. It's pro wrestling! In five-story-tall robots! And it's funny! I don't think they were doing the last part on purpose, though. Gundam Wing is pretty much what started it for me. And the original Gundam for nostalgia's sake.

This list deserves 08th MS Team and 0083 as a separate mention. Sure, they didn't originally air on Toonami's daytime block, but man they were good.

Rurouni Kenshin: Swords, fists, and a guy who talked like he belonged in Shakespeare. How odd.

Outlaw Star: AIR THE HOT SPRINGS EPISODE ALREADY.

Megas XLR took everything that was good about giant robot shows, added a video game nerd and his hopeless lovelorn buddy, and proceeded to tell God that he was out of a job.

Dragon Ball Z: Five. Years. Of. This. Shit.

Billy & Mandy: Hey, look, we cheated Death and made him our eternal slave. Hilarity ensues.

Courage the Cowardly Dog: Good writing and plots despite the relatively simple and flat character designs. Musically however it excelled and that's what I primarily remember it for.

Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job: These guys need to lay off the crack already.

Saul of the Mole Men: Parodying 50s B-movies at their finest. Does a good job of it, too.

Bobo-bo-bobobo: I know I'm leaving out a "bo" somewhere but...hey, it's an anime that makes fun of itself. Where have I seen this before...?

G-Force: Wrong network?

Chowder: Thank God that this aired on Thursdays and Toonami on Saturdays. Why is this even on the list? This list is about programs that aired either during the regular Toonami programming block or its Midnight Run before it became Adult Swim!

There's a whole bunch more to mention but if I take the time this post might not go through.

I know that a lot of people view cartoons as being primarily for children and young adults but really, they originated as padding between films at matinees. Given their history how can we argue that cartoons are strictly for kids?

I fixed your list for you :D

Let's see, Samurai Jack... Awesome

Fosters.... Awesome

Eddy's...Awesome

tom and jerry...Classic

IGPX....standard

Sailor moon....Anime

Ronin Warriors...classic

gundam whatever... A MOBILE SUIT?!?! ITS A GUNDAM!!!!!!!

Kenshin... Anime

Outlaw star... Anime

Megas XLR... Awesome

DBZ...OVER 9000!!!!!!!!

Billy & Mandy... Awesome

Tim and Eric....Needs to die

Mole men....Needs to die

bobobo...Anime

G-force...What?

Chowdar...Awesome

Several other's I didn't mention

I guess I only care for more mature cartoon and really don't like the young kid stuff.

A better fix :D

You could apply those questions to soooo many cartoons and such out there whether you like them or not, so it hardly really matters I imagine.

True, except for things like The Venture Bros, or some of the great episodes in Futurama, or Samurai Jack, or other such gems.

When I see people crapping their pants over something unworthy like Foster's...I've gotta say something...

I'll kill for a copy of this!

300px-Toonami_-_Toonami-_Deep_Space_Bass_-_Front.jpg

Joe Boyd Vigil himself uploaded these.

Enjoy, they're free.

http://www.last.fm/music/Joe+Boyd+Vigil/Toonami%3A+Deep+Space+Bass

(click a track, and pay attention to the black media player in the top right -- click where it says "free" when it starts playing.)

Boy, some of you guys really need to read more of my posts.

A friend of mine still has his physical copy, though. I ripped my tracks from that.

Joe Boyd Vigil himself uploaded these.

Enjoy, they're free.

http://www.last.fm/music/Joe+Boyd+Vigil/Toonami%3A+Deep+Space+Bass

(click a track, and pay attention to the black media player in the top right -- click where it says "free" when it starts playing.)

Boy, some of you guys really need to read more of my posts.

A friend of mine still has his physical copy, though. I ripped my tracks from that.

i've had this for years, but you reminded me to pull that back out, thank you

A better fix :D

i agree with practically all of that

No, no, no. I liked the stuff when they came out when I was younger. Like Dex's lab, ppg, I am weasel, even cow and chicken. Those were good to watch. But now that I'm older, it doesn't fit in my area of interest and for many of them, my tastes changed so much that I don't like them anymore. This is due to my good memory because I can remember them in great detail. What this means is that it's like watching them all over again in my head and now that I don't like them anymore, it's like I never liked them at all.

It's kind of complicated so I'll stop there.

And chowder still sucks. I can't stomach stupidity.

True, except for things like The Venture Bros, or some the great episodes in Futurama, or Samurai Jack, or other such gems.

When I see people crapping their pants over something unworthy like Foster's...I've gotta say something...

Just because you don't like a show doesn't mean it's "unworthy" and other people have to hate it too. There's people out there who don't like the show's you've listed, some of them have even posted in this thread. I've never seen Foster's so I can't really speculate on whether it's good or bad myself.

Every time you post about anything you like it is apparently the best thing since sliced bread, and if it's something you don't like it's somehow inferior and you just don't get how people can possibly like it. Maybe you should start looking at your own reasoning when you ask why people like something.

I don't see how anyone can hate Ed Edd and Eddy either. I think some of you guys are seriously broke in the head in this thread.

I was one of those people who absolutely detested this show the first two seasons or so.. Then I accidentally watched the episode when ED had a plan for a scam "Bong Eddy!!" and had became a devoted fan sense... It was definitely a--Interesting ride that one :)