OCR00209 - Legend of Zelda "The Music of My Groin"

m68030

BLECH! I have no idea how this one qualified for inclusion on this fine site. Whereas Joe Redifer's infinitely superior Final Fantasy ROBOVoice parody required both talent and lyric-writing skills, this one is severely lacking in both categories. It makes me feel like if I recorded a one-minute bit of me banging on a guitar and singing "Mario Brothers is stupid" to the Mario theme, I could get on this website. Or maybe I should just do the Metroid theme with synthesized fart noises.

Two thumbs way down pushing the delete button. :vomit:

Took the words right outta my mouth. I couldn't agree more.

I give it a .5/10!

The lyrics are repulsive. This remix is very, very annoying. I can't believe that people give this sort of crap any praise at all. People that like this must be the same type of people that like Wayne's World or Austin Powers. In other words, they like things that are profoundly annoying.

Bwaahahahahaha!

He did this remix just to piss you and your type off.

Good job!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, this ReMix didn't exactly have me laughing out loud, but I wasn't repulsed by it either. :P Actually pretty... base, but semi-entertaining stuff. The type that would be funny- to people the singer knows personally. I don't think it caters to most people. Really, though, it's not hurting anybody, so... Although I may not LOVE the song, I salute you and your groin for whatever effort was put into it.

It's not really a remix at all, more like a parody (Weird Al style).. I'll bet if the composer of the Zelda theme heard this, he'd be really insulted. This "song" nearly ruined every other Zelda remix I've ever heard, due to the fact that when I'd hear a Zelda remix, I'd think of "The Music of My Groin."

Even humorwise it's pretty lacking. For example, the Team Gato remix is hilarious, and hangs this out to dry. I could understand how someone under the age of 10 could find this funny though, I mean, he basically repeats "groin" for a minute straight, with a few extraneous words thrown in for good measure.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of things have been said about this song, an apparent OCR "classic." I can't really say I enjoy it, but I don't hate it. I think the Rabbit Joint song is more comedic, but, you know, whatever. I agree with others that Team Gato "hangs this out to dry."

What really bugs me is this: I see no qualitative difference between "Music of My Groin" the the Fanatics Tower of Power songs. Really. And yet, it looks like a great deal of you approve of this song and dislike the Fanatics. How do you guys reconcile that? I'm curious.

• 3 weeks later...

By saying this remix is stupid you are complimenting it. It is supposed to be stupid. I wouldn't go as far as saying it was the funniest song ever but it still brought a smile to my face. Some people seem to be overreacting to a stupid one minute song. Lighten up people I mean its a small one minute song that has been around OCremix for a long time. Get over it if you don't find it funny.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh man, what more can I say that hasn't already been said?! :P This was the VERY 1st OC_ReMix I EVER HEARD, and had it not been for Music of my Groin, I don't know if my avid love of this community would have ever blossumed!! :cry: (Horrible thought!) So THANK YOU Shael, you really have made a difference to at least 1 person! (And the other 97 ppl on this thread AT LEAST! :lol: )

• 1 month later...

This song's utterly ridiculous. And I love it. Nothing more really needs to be said--it's short and sweet... well, maybe not sweet, but that's not what it was going for, was it? I'm going to infect my brother and his friends with it over the weekend. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00209 - Legend of Zelda "The Music of My Groin"