OCR00209 - Legend of Zelda "The Music of My Groin"

m68030

Things

Heh. Best quote ever.

Now, I know I reviewed this before, but that was a while ago, when I was immature. Or rather, moreso than I am right now.

This isn't an excellent piece of work. In fact, half the time, I can't really stand to listen to it. Because it's childish and inane.

However, every now and then, I need a little childish, inane, stupid humor to bring a smile to my face. And this song does it with it's inanity. Sure, it's nothing special, and it may be the low point of Shael's stuff, but it's still there.

Personally, I think that disliking someone because of one of their songs is stupid...but you can't help what people do. People are stupid sometimes. That's the way life works. Sure, it's musically not so great, but I highly doubt it was meant to. It was probably recorded in the hopes that someone would find it funny and smile. And it appears to have found a bunch of people on here that appreciate it.

So, in conclusion of my random babbling, I appreciate this work for what it is - senseless humor. And I hope that even those that are appalled by it can understand the motivation for it.

I think Shael was on weed when he did this remix.

I'm going to dispell this myth once and for all. I was stone cold sober, straight and high on nothing but life when I made Music of My Groin.

Now I've heard a lot of people really like to listen to it high. To that I say "Cool! Glad you enjoy it."

But I'm actually really badly allergic to marijuanna and just generally am not interested in drugs harder than Midori Melon liquour, which Virt, AE, Ailsean, Dale North, Flik and myself all agree is a deviously smooth drink when mixed with Sprite.

• 4 weeks later...
I am quite the fan of OCReMix, and burning songs to CD to listen in my car is something I've done for a while.

The other day, I had Music of My Groin playing on my car stereo, driving down the street to the Albertsons, when I see the flashing red and blue lights behind me. My stomach leaps into my throat, for I have been given a ticket before, and I didn't need my insurance any higher than it already was. So I pull over, and the cop stops behind me, and...suprise. He wasn't giving me a ticket, he was, quote, 'Wondering what the hell that is on your stereo about a groin'

So, congrats, Shael, for making the first OCReMix that the Police will stop you for.

(Endnote - I gave the policeman the site name and address, as well as the name of the song.)

Hilarious (Hi-lar-ious)

• 1 month later...

There's actually nothing inherently wrong with hypocrisy. And this mix is funny, PROVIDED that you a) don't take it seriously, B) put on hold your respect for video game music and good taste in general and c) have a broad sense of humour that finds humour in all its forms, including lowbrow.

• 1 month later...

I heard this in the OCR RPG... and my thoughts were

"what the crap, I refuse to beleive this is the famous Music of my Groin Remix."

Then I turned the sound down.

But I can see how this is funny, but I just don't really like this particular type of humor. This remix is unique yes, it could be considered genious in it's particular humor style, but I just don't like it.

If you feel the need to listen to some low quality music that you will probably still enjoy, click that download button.

There's actually nothing inherently wrong with hypocrisy. And this mix is funny, PROVIDED that you a) don't take it seriously, B) put on hold your respect for video game music and good taste in general and c) have a broad sense of humour that finds humour in all its forms, including lowbrow.

Or Monobrow rite?

Haven't listened to this mix in quite a while...Had to whip it out...Shael, I love how you say the word "groin".

10 years ago i probably would have found this song to be hilarious, i dont think im getting it. which is not to say shael doesnt have talent, the matoya and castlevania remixes (especially the matoya remix) are amazing. in the immortal words of stephen lynch, this song is just " a little bit special"

* edited for spelling

• 1 month later...
This, on a site that is too full of itself to approve the Mario Twins, something a hell of a lot funnier than this?

It's silly, and I like it, but come on, I'll take hypocrisy for $1600.

What are you, stupid? Group X never submitted Mario Twins, so that's a non-issue. That's actually a pretty good remix, and obviously didn't take itself seriously.

Obviously Music of My Groin wouldn't make it nowadays, though that's certainly a shame, cuz it's a great joke mix. I "meh" on all the haters out there.

Well, I understand that people like it, and it is amusing...

That being said, I'm also going to admit that I don't really like it...at all. I know that it was made as a joke with no seriousness, and maybe it's cause I had my speakers all the way up when I put it on...(ouch), but it's just not my cup of tea (vodka).

So, I doubt I will ever listen to it again...

However, I am deeply disturbed that it could be compared to the like of Wayne's World and Austin Powers. Those movies are great.

To people who enjoyed this song, keep on enjoying it...but, alas, I will not.

:-(

~Syruss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ten pages down the line, and three years later, it is clear that this a legend among mixes. Also clear is the reason why this is--as many critics, scholars, and poets have said before me, this song is simply beautiful. In fact, this may potentially be the most beautiful song on OCR, no--THE WORLD. Musicians have always strived to achieve some sort of perfect sound, a divine melody that encapsulates every aspect of being human, and this clever song, using the metaphor of the groin for the human condition, has finally done so. Now we can all put down our instruments, our pens, and indeed our clothing, piling them high into a massive tower and burn them all forever. With the release of the divinity in man released through this song we are finally freed of those things. I hereby award Mr. Riley the title of Lord Groinicus Prime XII, and Emperor of the Moon. A title long deserved, and well earned.

• 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00209 - Legend of Zelda "The Music of My Groin"